Goldeneye 007 (N64)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by crazyj3ss, Jan 28, 2013.

Jan 28, 2013

Goldeneye 007 (N64) by crazyj3ss at 4:15 PM (898 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. crazyj3ss
    OP

Member crazyj3ss hmm

United States
    Just so it's clear, I am not asking for a rom. What I want to ask is - Has anyone found a working wad for this game yet? I know it has to be injected(afaik), but I can't seem to find if anyone has been able to make this game playable in the Wii menu, like other Rare titles.

2. ngelDiezFernndez

Newcomer ngelDiezFernndez Advanced Member

Spain
    No, it doesnt work and it wont work.

Rare used his custom microcode stuff in his N64 videogames (like Factor 5 or Boss Game Studios) and most of VC games use Fast3D. I belive Goldeneye 007 also but i'm not sure. Anyway, they use custom ucodes for this game (like the sky). But i guess its just a copyright thing. Dont expect they update the Wii VC.

You can use Not64 + Goldeneye X, it gives a pretty decent framerate, but the Single Player is not developed yet, only multiplayer stuff.

3. crazyj3ss
    OP

Member crazyj3ss hmm

United States
    I wasn't asking it for the VC because of the obvious issues there, was just wondering if anyone was able to get it really playable through an injection. I remember seeing someone vid being able to some years back, but haven't heard word since. :x

4. ngelDiezFernndez

Spain
    No, a very VERY few games can be injected and most of those have problems. No mempack in almos all of them, graphics corruption, freezings, etc.

And Goldeneye is not one of them.

Even Winback have the classic grey square problem that have been around the N64 scene since decades. The VC emulator is quite average. It even use frameskip in some games :-/

5. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah, injected wont work. Play it via Not64, it actually works really well.

6. crazyj3ss
    OP

Member crazyj3ss hmm

United States
    Well that sucks because Wii64/Not64 will not acknowledge the existence of my Wii Classic Controller Pro.

I know injections don't work with everything but I remember that vid of a guy having a really playable version which I think was one, it's been forever though so maybe my memory is cloudy.

7. ngelDiezFernndez

Spain
    Probably there are some fake videos out there. But no, its not injectable.

Buy a chinese Classic Controller, its attached in GC ports and it works perfectly (except, you know, analog nubs just sucks).

8. crazyj3ss
    OP

Member crazyj3ss hmm

United States
    I have a Wii U instead of a Wii, I just didn't know if it was appropriate enough there. ;D