Goldeneye 007 Local Multiplayer Doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by agn015, Nov 11, 2010.

Nov 11, 2010
  1. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    Hi guys, I tried searching for this problem and haven't had any success. I have a backup of the new goldeneye 007 that works fine in configurable usb loader for single player. The game works perfectly and will load multiplayer but I can only have one controller connected. I can hit the home button and connect 2, 3, or 4 controllers but as soon as I switch back to the game 2, 3, and 4 disconnect leaving only the first players controller connected. I tried remodding my wii using modmii for windows but the problem still happens. I was on 4.1U with cios r17 and now I'm on 4.2U with cios r20. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance!

2. DarthVader3257

Newcomer DarthVader3257 Member

United States
    That's really strange... Haven't had that problem at all, my local multiplayer works like a charm. Maybe try updating your cIOS to the latest version?

3. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    I updated to cIOS rev20 and it's hasn't made a difference. Maybe I'll try updating it again tonight. But it sounds like a cIOS issue right? Because when I'm in the game controller #1 is the only one it allows connected. I can press the Home button and connect other controllers but as soon as I go back to the game it disconnects them.

4. Joe Schmoo

Newcomer Joe Schmoo Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same exact problem.

5. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    Is your system menu 4.2U as well? I had this prob on both 4.1U and 4.2U... What version cIOS do you have installed?

6. Venndettta

Newcomer Venndettta Member

United States
    If you're trying to use more than 1 Wii remote they have to be connected at the character select screen.

7. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    Really? So you're saying the game will only allow one Wii remote to be connected until I get to the character select screen? So it''s perfectly normal for the wii remotes to be connected at the home button screen, but disconnect as soon as I go back to the game? Sounds strange but I'll try later tonight and post back what happens.

8. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    Wow that was the problem! It only lets the controllers connect at the multiplayer character select screen. So Joe try that and see if it'll work for you too.

Also is there a way to play 4 player multiplayer (me vs. a friend vs. bot1 vs. bot2)?

9. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    There are no bots in goldeneye.

10. Joe Schmoo

Newcomer Joe Schmoo Newbie

United States
    Yes, this also worked for me. Kind of quirky system, but it's all good now.

11. NattyBee

Newcomer NattyBee Newbie

United States
    I'm also noticing that whatever I do, multilayer does not work. I can get to the character select screen, yet only player one responds. How can I get arpund this? If I can't get multiplayer working, I really don't want the game.