Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Official Help Thread

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Oh? So far I've found the following:
- the weapon (don't remember, but I believe it was in the Japanese town with the 3 treasure chests)
- the armour (Gaia Falls)
- the gauntlets (some fiery volcano type place that seems to need some key)

And I've found a cave in the north (around Mercury Lighthouse) which I've yet to finish exploring
Where did you find this 5th piece?

Porkmaster said:
I bring to you a way through that horrendous maze (Optional boss #2, the little island to the northwest of Izumo, with the rocks surrounding it). I mapped out the whole place, and there are 4 chests total, and then the boss battle, and a summon tablet after the boss. The abbreviations are as follows.
I was wondering which island you were referring to.. Is this the one with an occasional whirlwind appearing around it? If so, how the heck do I even land on the island?

QUOTE(Black_Knight_666 @ Nov 6 2010, 02:46 AM) Okay, im on top of some mountain. i did everything here and a scene with alex running away with the red and blue guys occured. Whats next?
Do you mind explaining just a little bit more? I'm not sure which part you're referring to, because the red/blue guys (assuming it's the two guys I'm thinking of) shouldn't have anything to do with Alex/Ace..

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried everything I could think of trying to go further but I am hopelessly stuck. I'm in the dungeon under the animal people town in a room with a bordered off chessboard floorpattern. It has something like a statue with a golden cap/crown in the top center of the chessboard floor and some soldiers k.o. or dead on the floor. I've tried every psynergy and item concievable on the torches, soldiers and the statue but I can't figure out how to open that blasted door.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that you are right about the emperor's chest being one.
2. Far NW corner on the side away from your ship. Top of the stem.
3. That small island on Gaia Falls just east of the tip of Izumo's island
4. Near the haunted tower, the tower that needs the 3 blue orbs, there is a pond with an island in the center.
5. The round island in the south. this island is not at the edge but is close to the edge.

Porkmaster said:
I bring to you a way through that horrendous maze (Optional boss #2, the little island to the northwest of Izumo, with the rocks surrounding it). I mapped out the whole place, and there are 4 chests total, and then the boss battle, and a summon tablet after the boss. The abbreviations are as follows.
I was wondering which island you were referring to.. Is this the one with an occasional whirlwind appearing around it? If so, how the heck do I even land on the island?

Sometimes you need to let bad stuff happen to you to see what happens.
the typhoon (storm) drags you in and out of Islet Cave in the Sea of Time

On the what's next from the other guy ...

Actually, I am past this part but can I remember? I know that battle but say what you did to trigger it.

He means the fight in which Ace teleports Blados and Heart into where you are standing and then teleports them all out.

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Yup I've grabbed all 5 pieces now
biggrin.gif

Though I'm not sure how often the whirlwind flies by... I see it from time to time, but I'm never able to get it to hit me :\

ZANZAROTH said:
I have tried everything I could think of trying to go further but I am hopelessly stuck. I'm in the dungeon under the animal people town in a room with a bordered off chessboard floorpattern. It has something like a statue with a golden cap/crown in the top center of the chessboard floor and some soldiers k.o. or dead on the floor. I've tried every psynergy and item concievable on the torches, soldiers and the statue but I can't figure out how to open that blasted door.
First, you need to read the tablet. It ought to 'reset' the room so that the king and soldiers are all 'alive'. Then what you need to do is to Move the white soldier so that it'll kill the king, which'll enable you to grab the chest and move on.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i missing something? how are you people playing this game.. i have searched on several rom sites and ds scene to find a dump of this? when did it come out? and where can i find the file name?

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i will rephrase.. remember when you insert the 3 orbs into some wall and you can advance? if u walk far enuf, you will c a mountain with swirly clouds above it..

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need *
sand
and I need to get into the 2nd sealed door in Harumanu's home town. Help.

I am good now. You need that cut scene to progress. That ice island in the middle of the ice and rocks, you know. Porkmaster describes it. Look on the map and see where there is a circle of rocks in the northwest of the available ocean. I had Stella mind read the comb lying on the ground before leaving. I guess that you also need all of Stella's armor but it is not enough to get it. You need the cutscene.

(I had been there before but the puzzle were unsolvable until I went there while I had enough sleep).

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something that just happened to me, and I'm completely confused as to why:

I recently beat the game, and for some reason now, whenever I save I enter a battle with the Panel Dragon. It saves just fine, but I have no idea why it would do this. No matter where I save, so long as it's in an area where battles occur, I fight the Panel Dragon. The background even corresponds to the one in that fight, and won't be the background of where I'm actually fighting.

Is my file just corrupted or messed up, or has this happened to anyone? :wtf:

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People say not. I think that you can if you have clear data from the JPN release of TLA. Unfortunately, I do not have clear data at the moment to test this theory. Once I beat Dark Dawn, I will look for save of mine close to Mars lighthouse, get clear data on it and replay with the cart in the GBA slot. There is a trick to transfer saves between JPN and NA. Copy in the save, load and you will be in a sanctum. Walk out of town and save your game. Voila!

So I have played with the jpn version on TLA and a clear data and nothing has happened. Now I do find a piece of Orihalcon in a chest. I do not know if everyone gets the chest.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so tempted to use a cheat code for the psynergy that I need but I will struggle on for a few more hours. I found a Jupiter djinni on the world map in an area that I had traveled heavily and I am leveling up weapons.
I have an Excalibur, Aegis Shield and Mythril Clothes on Tyrell and I am leveling it up.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Now it doesn't seem to care whether or not I'm in an area that has random encounters. No matter where I save, I'll immediately battle the Panel Dragon when I'm done saving. -_-

Does this happen to anyone else? Here's a save if you want to try it out. :x
http://www.mediafire.com/?duvufuda654z55s

Edit: Wow, this will even happen when I start a new game. On a side note, if I delete the .sav, the fresh one doesn't have that problem. SO, I don't know how to fix this. :

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Hm.. that sounds rather odd; I'll give your save file a try once I've finished my game!

And on that note, I have a question now:
I've managed to gather all of Stella's armour as well as the three orbs (Blue, Red, Yellow). I've even managed to defeat the haunted ship in the middle of the fog (dang that took a while..). Now where the heck is the last alchemy machine?! (i.e. where do I go next?)

andy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitsuke said:
^ Hm.. that sounds rather odd; I'll give your save file a try once I've finished my game!

And on that note, I have a question now:
I've managed to gather all of Stella's armour as well as the three orbs (Blue, Red, Yellow). I've even managed to defeat the haunted ship in the middle of the fog (dang that took a while..). Now where the heck is the last alchemy machine?! (i.e. where do I go next?)

didn't expect myself to reply in this thread until end of this month oh well
remember the place where you pick up the 3 treasure chests from a secret entrance behind a bookcase? (the place allows you to dock). exit the place through the west entrance and ur'll be on the world map. walk west some more and you should enter some old abandoned castle looking structure. once you get there i think u can solve the easy puzzle if not please reply back and i'll tell you what to do after(trying not to ruin the game play
tongue.gif
)

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
andy122 said:
didn't expect myself to reply in this thread until end of this month oh well
remember the place where you pick up the 3 treasure chests from a secret entrance behind a bookcase? (the place allows you to dock). exit the place through the west entrance and ur'll be on the world map. walk west some more and you should enter some old abandoned castle looking structure. once you get there i think u can solve the easy puzzle if not please reply back and i'll tell you what to do after(trying not to ruin the game play
tongue.gif
)
Aha! Thanks!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(IchigoK2031 @ Nov 7 2010, 03:32 PM) I got the scroll from Kaocho, and am at that city with the water and lily's, then I went to the castle for a cutscene with 2 soldier guys in blue and red. I saw a jupiter Djinn but can't get to it. What do I do now?!
You've got to now explore the castle and find a way through; the story tells you to find the missing civilians (the soldiers outside were trying to invade, but found it odd that the entire place was submerged with no civilians in sight). Just a hint: that flute you ought to have picked up back in the mountainous village (the one where there's a Mars Djinn you can't reach just yet) will be useful to you here.

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IchigoK2031 said:
wait what do I do at the mountainous village, I didn't know what to do there O.o
Did you get a cutscene there when you went all the way up to the top of the mountainous village?

QUOTE(Arch Feline @ Nov 7 2010, 12:04 AM) I found a Jupiter djinni on the world map in an area that I had traveled heavily and I am leveling up weapons.
I think I might be missing that; where did you find it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь