Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Official Help Thread

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taichi24 said:
EnigmaBlade said:
Im in some castle (after playing the flute in front of the tree) and have just beaten a boss to get some sort of red jewel.. what do i do with it??
You equip it to Tyrell and use it to drain the water.

QUOTE(EnigmaBlade @ Oct 28 2010, 05:38 PM)
What are the best djinns to put on each character?

I just give each Adept their respective element of Djinn. For example, I put all Venus Djinn on Matthew, Mars on Tyrell, etc. They get the most bonuses to their stats that way, and really strong Psynergy of that element that no other combination of Djinn can give. There are a couple unique classes you can get if you mix up a large amount of Djinn. Like the Ninja, for example, which is 5 Venus and 4 Jupiter, I think. Try mixing and matching, and find out what you like best, but you can never go wrong with giving each person their element of Djinn.

Sol Aleph

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I'm using No$gba 2.6 (it gives a white screen) and DeSMuMe 0.96 (it crashes) for this game. Can somebody recommend the optimal settings? I don't care about sound etc. Thanks.

Sol Aleph

Trophies
XP
Country
Rief is the mercury adept and Karis is the Jupiter adept. So, unless you are going for a particular class, stick to the standard elements. Otherwise, I think there might be some info on the dark dawn spoiler threads on goldensunrealm forums.

Also, can you help me?

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Sol Aleph said:
Rief is the mercury adept and Karis is the Jupiter adept. So, unless you are going for a particular class, stick to the standard elements. Otherwise, I think there might be some info on the dark dawn spoiler threads on goldensunrealm forums.

Also, can you help me?

Haha wow i feel like such an idiot :/ i didnt notice the colour on the status page that tells u the element for the character aha. what can i help u with?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I just beat the 1st boss...I love this game. point blank...best game ever nothing is wrong with it. I'll probably toy around with it a little longer and stop cause i would like to know whats going on and I still want this game to feel new

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
No1 knows?
frown.gif

andy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you got the mask go back to the place where you recieved the flute. Then go into the middle building and press "A" infront of the mask shape outline. Go into your bag and find the mask and use that
lol now i have no idea what to do just after this part

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
andy122 said:
once you got the mask go back to the place where you recieved the flute. Then go into the middle building and press "A" infront of the mask shape outline. Go into your bag and find the mask and use that
lol now i have no idea what to do just after this part

Go to this town that is blue looking (keep going left on the map)

freakingout246

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I figured all that out last night. When you get the move Frost, take it back to that place on the hill again. (where you inserted the mask). Then walk up even further until your in the sky. This is where i'm stuck.

How on earth do you beat that puzzle room with the 3 statues? It's the room with the face above the door.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
freakingout246 said:
Ok I figured all that out last night. When you get the move Frost, take it back to that place on the hill again. (where you inserted the mask). Then walk up even further until your in the sky. This is where i'm stuck.

How on earth do you beat that puzzle room with the 3 statues? It's the room with the face above the door.

Using that guy with the blue hair (has a bandanna on his forehead use the psynergy that looks like a rectangle. it will show the exact path
tongue.gif

andy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erm you talking about the room where you need to insert 3 statues into the 3holes?
if the answer is yes then you should move the triangle statue last. i've gotten past it but my save is past it so i really can't help you unless i see the whole puzzle again.
side note- i didn't know that guy could show you the exact way >> ( had serveral goes at it then did it)

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I was afraid something like this would happen

An update on my earlier post. I'm about 17 hours in, now, with 6 Venus, 7 Jupiter, 6 Mars, and 9 Mercury Djinn. I'm about level 19 or 20, with 350 or so health on both Rief and Karis, and almost 500 health on both Matthew and Tyrell. I'm quite a bit farther than what people have been asking for help with, but I'm at the point where the new monsters that I've never seen before, ones that are supposed to be around my level are dealing anywhere from 1 to 3 damage to me... out of 500. My attacks, not Psynergy, can hit for 250+, effectively killing almost all the monsters in 1 hit. I was kind of afraid that something like this would happen later on. I was kind of excited about the beginning of the game, where monsters could take out 1/4 my health in a single hit, and there were 3 or more monsters, and bosses could easily take away 1/2 of my health from up to 3 of my characters at once. Now bosses are a mere inconvenience, and monsters are just laughably easy, and I usually just end up running. It's kind of sad, really.. I was hoping the game would be a bit harder than the first 2 games before it, but it turns out that it's actually a bit TOO easy. I'm actually just thinking of putting all my Djinn on standby and going through the rest of the game that way, and if I come across a boss that's too hard for me to kill that way, then I'll activate all my Djinn and just steamroll through it. The sad part is... I shouldn't have to do that for a challenge. At my point in the game, the only challenge now are the cleverly designed puzzles...

*sigh...*

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Porkmaster said:

An update on my earlier post. I'm about 17 hours in, now, with 6 Venus, 7 Jupiter, 6 Mars, and 9 Mercury Djinn. I'm about level 19 or 20, with 350 or so health on both Rief and Karis, and almost 500 health on both Matthew and Tyrell. I'm quite a bit farther than what people have been asking for help with, but I'm at the point where the new monsters that I've never seen before, ones that are supposed to be around my level are dealing anywhere from 1 to 3 damage to me... out of 500. My attacks, not Psynergy, can hit for 250+, effectively killing almost all the monsters in 1 hit. I was kind of afraid that something like this would happen later on. I was kind of excited about the beginning of the game, where monsters could take out 1/4 my health in a single hit, and there were 3 or more monsters, and bosses could easily take away 1/2 of my health from up to 3 of my characters at once. Now bosses are a mere inconvenience, and monsters are just laughably easy, and I usually just end up running. It's kind of sad, really.. I was hoping the game would be a bit harder than the first 2 games before it, but it turns out that it's actually a bit TOO easy. I'm actually just thinking of putting all my Djinn on standby and going through the rest of the game that way, and if I come across a boss that's too hard for me to kill that way, then I'll activate all my Djinn and just steamroll through it. The sad part is... I shouldn't have to do that for a challenge. At my point in the game, the only challenge now are the cleverly designed puzzles...

*sigh...*
I´d like to tell you to beat the game and play again in hard mode, but I don´t even know if that option exists...

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
Porkmaster said:

*sigh...*
I´d like to tell you to beat the game and play again in hard mode, but I don´t even know if that option exists...

Honestly, I really, REALLY hope there is a Hard Mode option to this game after I beat it. A New Game+ option would probably make me put down the game and not pick it up again. Alternatively, if there isn't a Hard Mode after I beat the game, then I'll start a new game and go through with no Djinn active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme