KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I can wait to play this...My Japanese is horrible, but I at least want to try it out a little before the US release....but I have to go to work in a few....damn.

EDIT
Woow....Imma have to do a menu translation. Imma bit confused as far as the in-game menu.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is spoiler free, don't worry.

I'm about 5 and a half hours in, I've got 2 Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter Djinn, and 3 Mars Djinn, and also found 2 Summon Tablets. I have to say.. much like the 2 before it, which pushed the graphical limitations of the GBA, Dark Dawn does the same for the DS. The graphics and animation are amazing, with all characters and enemies being fully animated 3-D models each with their own item using, spell casting, attacking, and death animations, and it all goes together beautifully. Everything feels very fluid, and the spell animations are some of the best I've seen. Not just on the DS, but in RPG's in general, and the summons... oh man, the summons. They are absolutely amazing looking.

In terms of gameplay, it's everything you've come to love from the previous Golden Sun titles, and so much more. New puzzles, new Psynergy granting items, expertly designed dungeons, and cleverly (almost mean) hidden Djinn. The combat, of course, is the traditional turn based battle system that the Golden Sun series has mastered.

Now, for the people who have not yet played this game.. think for a minute how good this game will be..... go ahead, give it a nice thought.

Now multiply that thought by 10, and you've got about half the amount of SuperAmazingAwesomeness that Dark Dawn delivers.

If you have played (and beaten) the previous 2 Golden Sun games, this game shouldn't give you too much trouble in Japanese, if you do not know the language. The downside, of course, is not being able to understand what people are saying, which is a very pleasurable part of Golden Sun. You'll still be able to tell what's going on in terms of story, though.

My score for the game is... (Let's see.. my thought of the game is "It will be amazing".. so now I gotta multiply that by 10... which gives me... Super DUPER amazing... okay, let's go with that)

A "Super DUPER amazing" out of 10. And remember... that's only half of the amount of awesome this game delivers. Oh, and there are 83 total Djinn to collect. Let that sink in. Eighty-three.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skipped town and went to the red Chinese looking place. I went straigh to the palace where Heart is, and that girl gives you a scroll, then you fall down the hole. I got back up to the town and now the guards won't let me back into the palace and I have no idea where to go next, please help.

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i only just started and i am now in the forest next to where you start the game, i am guessing your house...
and now i have seen Garet blow up one of the plants, but i can't do that so i'm stuck...
WTF am i supposed to do???

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
I skipped town and went to the red Chinese looking place. I went straigh to the palace where Heart is, and that girl gives you a scroll, then you fall down the hole. I got back up to the town and now the guards won't let me back into the palace and I have no idea where to go next, please help.
You have to leave town and proceed down.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taichi24 said:
xakota said:
To the place with all the water? I went there but I have no clue what to do there either, there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can go.

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
Taichi24 said:
xakota said:
To the place with all the water? I went there but I have no clue what to do there either, there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can go.
Did you show the scroll and then use whirlwind on the raft to make your way across the water?

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digipokemaster said:
no patched game is out yet im guessing

Depends on what card you use. The only cards that are working at the moment are AKAOI, R4 Wood 1.15, and DStwo.

xakota said:

Go to the water place to the south west of that town. Talk to the guards, and it will bring up your menu automatically. Choose the scroll you got.

QUOTE(ThommyTheBoy @ Oct 28 2010, 03:36 PM)
i only just started and i am now in the forest next to where you start the game, i am guessing your house...
and now i have seen Garet blow up one of the plants, but i can't do that so i'm stuck...
WTF am i supposed to do???

Mix up your Djinn so that Matthew (Your main character) has Fireball. After that, bring up your menu, go to Psynergy, choose fireball, and blow up big flowers.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Im in some castle (after playing the flute in front of the tree) and have just beaten a boss to get some sort of red jewel.. what do i do with it??

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaBlade said:
Im in some castle (after playing the flute in front of the tree) and have just beaten a boss to get some sort of red jewel.. what do i do with it??
You equip it to Tyrell and use it to drain the water.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaBlade said:

Tyrell (Fire Adept) is the only one who can equip it. Give it to him and have him equip it to learn Evaporate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1