BenWyldeZX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sword-of-seals.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know why, but the music seriously feels recyled - the some melody part has a heavily striking resemblence to Tales of Destiny 2's battle theme (guess it's Sakuraba again), hasn't it?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
BenWyldeZX said:
I don't know why, but the music seriously feels recyled - the some melody part has a heavily striking resemblence to Tales of Destiny 2's battle theme (guess it's Sakuraba again), hasn't it?
Yep, I agree with ye. But they obviously used some music from the first parts. Just remixed them with different instruments.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm totally and completely hyped about this game.....
shy.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:
The big question is - will I complete 1&2 before the English language release?

well Dark Dawn's english release aint out till Nov 29th so you have time. and plus im gonna do the same thing as you're doing

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maverick_z said:
Depravo said:
The big question is - will I complete 1&2 before the English language release?

well Dark Dawn's english release aint out till Nov 29th so you have time. and plus im gonna do the same thing as you're doing
In the last two days I've done Sol Sanctum to Altin Peak but I'm sure I won't be able to keep that pace up. I already finished the first one years ago but I never got around to completing the second one. I thought I better play both to refresh my memory as it's essentially one game on two cartridges. Where some games say 'Insert Disc 2', Golden Sun says 'Fuck off and buy Disc 2'. I never was happy about that. Then again, I didn't pay for them so who am I to complain?
wink.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BenWyldeZX said:
All of Sakuraba's music sounds very similar. I don't think he's a good composer really.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeritsAlone said:
NahuelDS said:
praying for this game to work on no$gba

Desmume... for the love of god use Desmume!

Pray it works even on Desmume, with all the new anti piracy protection implemented nowadays. Besides that, Desmume requires a fairly decent computer. It runs most games flawlessly. But the cost is speed. You need a really good CPU to get fullspeed on some of the more stressful games. Even on a high clocked Athlon II, i got some slowdowns occasionally in Dragon Quest IX. The computer i'm currently using (Core i7 laptop) gets similar performance. No$gba on the other hand plays most games at fullspeed even on slower older PC's. It is old, outdated, and abandoned, but its speed is high and requirements low.

All of Sakuraba's music sounds very similar. I don't think he's a good composer really.
I haven't heard any songs for Dark Dawn that caught my ear yet (though i've only heard the battle theme and one or two others). But i will defend the GBA games by saying that both games had some truly great sounding music. Specifically-
- Every normal battle theme (GS1, GS2, Jenna's, on board the ship)
- Saturos' battle theme
- Kolima Forest theme
- Venus lighthouse
- Elemental Stars theme
- Soul Sanctum
- Madra Catacombs
- Airs Rock
- Aqua Rock
- Tundaria Tower
- Jupiter Lighthouse
- most of the world map themes

I liked most of the music in the Golden Sun games. Probably the best music i've heard in any GBA game. I actually think the music is better in general than the Tales series.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Air's rock is the best music i've heard in GS. Overall i thought the music was majestic, kinda like an orchestra and I was thinking
"did they record music with Gregorian Chant (singing group) and miyamoto's orchestra here??". It was AWESOME.
But then I played Star Ocean Last Hope and the music was pretty much similar. Especially the battle theme.
I liked the way they put sound per syllable that characters speak during cutscenes.

buruburuburu buru buruburu.
tihithihithitihitihi, tihihitihi!
buru buru! (shaking text)

Camelot managed to push the GBA's graphic power (and pretty much every aspect) to the limit before, but for Dark Dawn, i've seen better.

but it's Goldensun so I'm gonna play it regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: