Hacking Going to join the DS scene...

• Thread starter NoGamer
  • Start date
  • Views 7,239
  • Replies 88
N

NoGamer

OP
I just installed some CIA themes but i can't find them anywhere after they installed ? I downloaded USA themes and i have a EUR 2DS, is that maybe the issue ? :)

Last edited by ,

Domine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would consider going with the original 3DS rather than 2DS if you're on a cheap budget. The 2DS just feels...weird in my hands, but then again I'm almost seven foot and have some big ol' hands. Not to mention you can find OG 3DS' fairly cheap nowadays, pre-owned they go for about $110 here and most are in excellent condition.

N

NoGamer

OP
I found a CIA EUR theme file with +100 themes. I have put this inside the theme folder on the root but FBI & Title Manager don't install it and give a error. Must i put in on the root of another folder or is the theme folder good ?

Edit: I found the issue guy's, i used FBI or Title Manager and that was not working. Now i used DevMenu and the themes are working perfect !

Last edited by ,

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

For the past 2 days i have read almost every tutorial here, how more i read how more complicated it begins to come. I'm new to the Nintendo DS scene so there is allot to understand, 15 years ago i was active in the PSP scene as member Undertaxxx so maybe a few guy's will remember me. These days we have CFW from Dark_Alex and that was just flashing the PSP console from the SDcard, similar to the DS CFW, but daim there are allot more things going on in the Nintendo DS scene.

I'm going to buy a 2DS Mario Kart 7 EUR Pack so let's hope there will be a firmware on lower than 9.3. I did some research and that pack was launched in Europe on 17-10-2014, the 9.3 update was released 08-12-2014 so almost two months after the pack was released, i hope this will be the evidence that there is a firmware lower then 9.3 on the 2DS Mario Kart 7 Pack.

Once i have the console i going to try getting a CFW on it using the great and detailed tutorial from "Samiam144", thanks allot for the great guide btw ! I just have a few questions that are not so clear. First of all, where is the most risk in the process of hard bricking the 2DS console ? Also i guess wen you are in the EmuNAND there is no change of hard bricking the console because it's the emulated NAND.

Like i said, i read allot the last 2 days and i see allot of things like Sysnand, Emunand, DevMenu, HaxMenu, etc, for a new guy to the scene that is allot of info to process. If i use this guide step by step i will have a CFW and HaxMenu & DevMenu, what exactly is the different between both and why need both of them. If i understood, Sysnand is the NAND of the console itself and the EmuNAND is the emulated NAND so you can play games that need a higher firmware then 9.2 and also get access to the Eshop ?

Sorry for all the questions and hope you guy's will clear some things out for this newbie ! :)
emuNAND is a sort-of less stable version of your console, but its patched so you can install unsigned cias.

Reactions: NoGamer
N

NoGamer

OP
Thanks for your welcome and hope i can help some members in the near future, first have do some more research because i'm all new to this.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1