Hacking going insane

rory2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
got a wii u today on 5.3.2, for the life of me I cant get past the kernel hack, must have tried 200 times.
if not a freezing bar, I then get black pixelated screen.

have tried in equal measure exploit.wiiubrew.net and have also self hosted using mongoose.

I simply cannot get this to work, anyone local to Lancashire in the uk that might be able to help.
ive pretty much done every console hack on the planet with little trouble, but doesn't mean I am not going wrong somewhere.

any help will be appreciated.

Diablos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you've got the pixellated screen, just delete all the browser settings, then reboot your Wii U.
When you've done this, open the browser and close it, return to home menu and enter into system settings, and reboot your console again.
I solved with this little steps, once you've performed them the exploit should work :)

Last edited by Diablos90,

deleterrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what I did in order of what I think was most important for increasing the reliability of the exploit running.

1. Turn off quick start in the wiiu power settings.

2. Access the payload532.html files directly from the wiiu Internet Browser start page using bookmarks - to do this add a couple of bookmarks to somewhere like Google and then edit the urls to point to your payload532.html files, then close all of the tabs in the Internet Browser and power off the wiiu using the controller. Every time you start the wiiu browser now it should come up with the start page.

3. Turn on developer tools in the wiiu browser settings (not convinced this makes a difference).

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got the pixellated screen, just delete all the browser settings, then reboot your Wii U.
When you've done this, open the browser and close it, return to home menu and enter into system settings, and reboot your console again.
I solved with this little steps, once you've performed them the exploit should work :)
Yes, this too. Clear your history and cookies

Reactions: rory2005

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Open 3 tabs in your wiiu web browser, then enter Facebook or start a youtube video on the 4th, turn wiiu off, back on again and then try the kernal again, it should work ok then. This is all been noted in the help section by the way!

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you get it to work the first time, all tries afterwards should be around 70-80% successful without need to do any of those steps again.

It's the first time that is the hard part.

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
got a wii u today on 5.3.2, for the life of me I cant get past the kernel hack, must have tried 200 times.
if not a freezing bar, I then get black pixelated screen.

have tried in equal measure exploit.wiiubrew.net and have also self hosted using mongoose.

I simply cannot get this to work, anyone local to Lancashire in the uk that might be able to help.
ive pretty much done every console hack on the planet with little trouble, but doesn't mean I am not going wrong somewhere.

any help will be appreciated.
This is why that iOSU exploit is such an important thing to us.

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit off topic, but where did you get your 5.3.2 Wii U from? Looking for one myself :)

I got mine from a gamestop refurb, you can buy it and take it home, and if its not a low enough firmware, you can easily take it back. When I bought mine, I asked them how long they had had it, and it was awhile (due to their high prices for a refurb, no one will buy them), and so I bought it, and it was already on 5.3.2 without me having to update it.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I got mine from a gamestop refurb, you can buy it and take it home, and if its not a low enough firmware, you can easily take it back. When I bought mine, I asked them how long they had had it, and it was awhile (due to their high prices for a refurb, no one will buy them), and so I bought it, and it was already on 5.3.2 without me having to update it.
unfortunately we don't have GameStop in the UK :)

pronomatser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've got the pixellated screen, just delete all the browser settings, then reboot your Wii U.
This worked for me too the first time! After 30 times pixel screen, so thank u very much

Never delete your browser cache once its working, ladies and gentlemen

Last edited by pronomatser,

rory2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
glad my thread helped others, now on another note, I'm already bored of the wii u and will be selling it on in the uk, if anyone is interested send me a message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1