going insane

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by rory2005, Jan 5, 2016.

1. rory2005
    OP

rory2005 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    got a wii u today on 5.3.2, for the life of me I cant get past the kernel hack, must have tried 200 times.
    if not a freezing bar, I then get black pixelated screen.

have tried in equal measure exploit.wiiubrew.net and have also self hosted using mongoose.

I simply cannot get this to work, anyone local to Lancashire in the uk that might be able to help.
    ive pretty much done every console hack on the planet with little trouble, but doesn't mean I am not going wrong somewhere.

any help will be appreciated.

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm not leaving, why do you spread these lies? :P

However, in all seriousness, have you tried executing, failing, entering system settings, entering data management, closing system settings, re-entering web browser, executing, etc. rinse/repeat until it's worked?

josh87402, MiZ J0K3R and rory2005 like this.
  3. rory2005
    OP

rory2005 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    lol insanity, I have not come across the method but I will try this too, thank you for the tip.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Diablos90

Diablos90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2013
    Italy
    If you've got the pixellated screen, just delete all the browser settings, then reboot your Wii U.
    When you've done this, open the browser and close it, return to home menu and enter into system settings, and reboot your console again.
    I solved with this little steps, once you've performed them the exploit should work :)

Last edited by Diablos90, Jan 5, 2016
  5. deleterrrr

deleterrrr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2015
    Here's what I did in order of what I think was most important for increasing the reliability of the exploit running.

1. Turn off quick start in the wiiu power settings.

2. Access the payload532.html files directly from the wiiu Internet Browser start page using bookmarks - to do this add a couple of bookmarks to somewhere like Google and then edit the urls to point to your payload532.html files, then close all of the tabs in the Internet Browser and power off the wiiu using the controller. Every time you start the wiiu browser now it should come up with the start page.

3. Turn on developer tools in the wiiu browser settings (not convinced this makes a difference).

Subtle Demise and rory2005 like this.
  6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Yes, this too. Clear your history and cookies

rory2005 likes this.
  7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Open 3 tabs in your wiiu web browser, then enter Facebook or start a youtube video on the 4th, turn wiiu off, back on again and then try the kernal again, it should work ok then. This is all been noted in the help section by the way!

TotalInsanity4 and rory2005 like this.
  8. rory2005
    OP

rory2005 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    guys you are legends and thanks for your help, perhaps a sticky of condensed tips would be in order.
    diablos 90 that worked 1st time for me, brilliant.

Subtle Demise and Diablos90 like this.
  9. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    Bit off topic, but where did you get your 5.3.2 Wii U from? Looking for one myself :)

10. ihateu3

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Once you get it to work the first time, all tries afterwards should be around 70-80% successful without need to do any of those steps again.

It's the first time that is the hard part.

11. josh87402

josh87402 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    This is why that iOSU exploit is such an important thing to us.

12. ihateu3

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    I got mine from a gamestop refurb, you can buy it and take it home, and if its not a low enough firmware, you can easily take it back. When I bought mine, I asked them how long they had had it, and it was awhile (due to their high prices for a refurb, no one will buy them), and so I bought it, and it was already on 5.3.2 without me having to update it.

13. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    unfortunately we don't have GameStop in the UK :)

14. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Check pawn shops. I was really lucky and bought one unopened, basic 8 gb on the first firmware.

15. pronomatser

pronomatser Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    This worked for me too the first time! After 30 times pixel screen, so thank u very much

Never delete your browser cache once its working, ladies and gentlemen

Last edited by pronomatser, Jan 17, 2016
  16. canariobr

canariobr GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2015
    Brazil
    in Brazil even at large online shops you can find easily wii u at low fw. mine is 2.1.0

17. rory2005
    OP

rory2005 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    glad my thread helped others, now on another note, I'm already bored of the wii u and will be selling it on in the uk, if anyone is interested send me a message.