Going digital, but I need some help!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mistah Spoon, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Mistah Spoon
    OP

Mistah Spoon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    United States
    I want to put in Smash 4, 3D World, and Pikmin 3 in my wii u's memory, but I have no idea how to do that without losing my saves. I know I could use Loadiine, but I don't know how to transfer my save, and I want to play online on Smash 4. Is there a way for games to play online, or possible, transferring saves? Sure, I'll keep my Smash 4 disc, but I at least want to know if you can transfer a save to Loadiine.

2. iAqua

iAqua Shadow of Dark.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Saviine, you can dump from disc and inject to installable.

Sinon likes this.
  3. Mistah Spoon
    OP

Mistah Spoon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    United States
    Gee whiz, not only was that fast, but helpful. Thanks a ton!

iAqua and Sinon like this.
  4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Disc games are digital too. Just saying. You're not sticking a vinyl disc in your Wii U are ya?

5. Mistah Spoon
    OP

Mistah Spoon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    United States
    Huh? I know the save is not in the disc itself, but the game is. Am I sticking to a vinyl disc? I prefer digital than physical.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Physical is still digital. I was making a joke. There are no analog components of the Wii U. The data on your physical copy is still 1's and 0's (digital)

gutoblauth likes this.
  7. Mistah Spoon
    OP

Mistah Spoon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    United States
    OK. This discussion will end because I recently found out how the "Brazilian method" works. Easier than I thought! But ye, thanks for helping at least.

8. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    you don't have to dump your saves if you are installing on the usb, just make sure you move your saves to the usb before installing or the game wont see your save file

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well if you have game disc you can dump it yourself and install it on the HDD or system memory. There is a homebrew on the app store that should help with it. wii u 2 app i think is called, it supposed to dump disc to SD/USB to install with WUPinstaller.

I dunno if you have to manage any save data. Installing a game is the same as playing a disc, so is not much different. :P

10. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    disc2app

11. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    I've dumped all my games (wudump and wud2app method) and installed them to external drive and have had no problems with accessing my saves

12. Mistah Spoon
    OP

Mistah Spoon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    United States
    After using the Brazilian Method, I moved the games into the system memory, where the saves are. All is in order.