Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uekzL.jpg

Seems Good Old Games (GOG) will, starting today at 9 a.m. (GMT), re-brand itself and begin offering newer games to its customers. Once the online mecca for great retro content, GOG will now begin offering new indie titles, as well as contemporary mainstream titles 1-3 years after their initial release. In addition, GOG will continue to offer all of its content DRM-free. In a recent interview with Gamespot, GOG Managing Director Guillaume Rambourg said they do not intend to sell DLC for newer titles separately, but rather bundle all of a game's content together as a single product. The website will christen its new approach by offering indie titles Trine and The Whispered World for sale, and new social features are also being incorporated into the site.

:arrow: Source: Gamespot

Reactions: 2 people

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
GOG is an excellent site, i made a recent purchase there and with the GOG Downloader it was a super fast download.

Good to see that they are introducing Indie games too.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will they still keep their selection of older games? I could see this shift upsetting a lot of people if they don't.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine they'd keep growing their old library while introducing newer games to the mix.

One would hope neways.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope they don't sell out and give old games the fat middle finger

Most of these games I have no problem pirating, since I have already paid for them once many many years ago.

..I heavilly agree...older games are always the underdogs in history :yay: (some will always be ESA protected however :glare:)

we can't forget our heritage :P

*looks at his avatar*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night