Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a while since I brought a not very well known title to your attention and to be honest the last few I did weren't quite the "great" games I'd hope them to be.

This title is a localisation of a Japanese game called "Acroknights" which has yet to have even been released in Japan. The game brings to my mind the greatness that is DK King of Swing and the "ok for a little play" Mr Slime. It looks more likely to be as much fun as DK. It is developed by Noise that gave us the Custom Robo series though only two of those games ever made to in English and that was just the "ok" DS game and the "ok" Gamecube game.

From Siliconera:
QUOTE said:
Unlike most platform games you play Go! Go! Cosmo Cops with the DS in book mode. Players climb a tower using wire throwing skills to stop aliens called Babools from stealing Earth’s natural resources. Sounds like Noise gave Go! Go! Cosmo Cops a quirky story to go along with its 50 plus levels.

You can play Go! Go! Cosmo Cops entirely with the stylus. Tap a notch and Leo will use his Accro Bracelet to latch on to it. When you see an enemy, like the one eyed spider in the picture, you can tap on two notches, pull Leo back, and make slingshot him into an enemy.

Here is a trailer.

Atari are releasing this game in Europe on August 28th. Lets wait and see if it turns out to be a good fun game. I prefer the Japanese title though.

Lorenz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I played yesterday, and it's a really good game, with a nice gameplay, using the touchscreen, you can use the DS as a book, or play in the normal way.

artrite

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesent really look like a older kids game but its something to look forward to because the design of it looks fun and the things you do look good to.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Nosferadrian said:
This title is a localisation of a Japanese game called "Acroknights" which has yet to have even been released in Japan.

Atari are releasing this game in Europe on August 28th. Lets wait and see if it turns out to be a good fun game. I prefer the Japanese title though.

So you prefer the Japanese version of a Japanese game that isn't even released in Japan?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Dwight @ Aug 31 2009, 06:54 AM) I was excited for it and I really didn't enjoy it.
Think of it as a Less suck Mr. Slime DS

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
I was excited for it and I really didn't enjoy it.

I wasn't excited for it, and I really am enjoying it.

It can get frustrating when you flick and your character doesn't jump to the next outcropping, or when you try to hook onto something to slingshot and you end up fumbling around. But it's definitely one of the most refreshing DS games I've played in a long while. Very surprised by it.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The only annoying thing is when I move too fast the game thinks I'm doing a slingshot backwards and always where there are spike
frown.gif
I found that you can tap to move from spot to spot (but doesn't work on the blue ropes).
This game is fun (already finished the Fantasy Zones).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's kind of like Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword in that respect; you'll often get actions you didn't intend. Still, I think it's very refreshing, as far as DS games go. Seems really short, though. I just unlocked the sixth world, and unless there's hidden stuff (aside from what's already labeled as "bonus" levels), it's barely a snack pack.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I fount it to be an ok game, fun in parts but ultmately it gets old fast.

DK Jungle Climber was more fun for me.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished it this morning, and it had a really cool final boss. Once you complete all the levels, you can then play mirror mode for any of the levels you've collected all three gold medals in. Pretty cool. Very arcadey, but perfect for the DS. I will be really surprised if they don't bring this over to the States. This is one game that would, I think, translate incredibly well over here, especially to mainstream audiences.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
So far I have all 3 coins in 15 levels and am halfway through the Haunted Castle world.

I love this game so much, I kiss it with tongues. It's a great game to pick up and play a level here and there on a trip or in between RPGs or bigger games.

As for speed, I somehow went into some weird swing trance during 3-3 and was able to zone through the level in under 25 seconds. I was just constantly flicking to the upper left, almost like I was sweeping the DS and I just shot through it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: