OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Glubies Planet v1.1
Alpha Version

Glubies Planet is a DS homebrew game in which you have to guide some small creatures called Glubies through several levels with the help of a couple of items and solve some of the puzzles needed to reach the goal.

Hello,

We are four students in an engineering school IMAC (Image, Multimedia, Audiovisual Communication). We want to specialize in various fields, management sound design, passing course in programming, and we all have a passion for video games. Under a project supervisor we decided to make a game for Nintendo DS. It's called Planet Glubies DS.

The game:
Glubies Planet is an action game / reflection planned for Nintendo DS.
The Glubies little creatures are very nice .... but so stupid!
The goal of the game: analyze levels, clear the path and take your Glubies juqu'al'arrivée!
The gameplay takes place in 2 phases:
- The period of reflection allows you to analyze the level, to raise and direct objects and solving riddles and puzzles.
- The phase of action, where you must direct your Glubies pen drawing on their language, making use of objects lying and avoiding the deadly traps.

Progress:
The game is programmed in C + +, uses libnds and EFS lib for file management. It offers an interface with different menus and a management profile with backups. The game runs very well on the console via a Supercard DS One.

The game engine is almost finished, we also have a world editor and a powerful script that allows us to script our levels as we really want
Currently, the game has a dozen levels in progressive difficulty, two different environments ( "plain" and "wilderness"), and 5 or 6 usable items.
download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Whoa! This looks commercial-game-quality O.O .
It seems alot of fun, and has awesome controls, cool effects, advanced features and pretty good graphics
smile.gif

So far it looks like a must have homebrew for DS and maybe it'll be the best homebrew for DS..
Hope they'll finish the game & translates it to english
tongue.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game looks great.
Very high quality!

Are there any games out there (commercial or homebrew) that resemble this game in a completed form?

Look forward to this one though!

TSorbera

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks very nice, but I can't get it to actually run. I'm at the screen where it says Open File, has a list of five Empty File's and a Remove button, but I can't get past it. (That's Ouvrir un Fichier, Fichier vide, and Supprimer, translated by Google.) Plus an English translation would be great.
smile.gif

Lluvia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lluvia.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They have their own homepage at Glubiesplanet.com and there you can chose between French and English. The english version is still empty, but this is nevertheless hope for all english speaking people
wink.gif
. Perhaps this means they'll translate the game too, as soon as they have time to.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like a fun game, anyone who has played it can you tell me if it is playable if you don't speak French?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A Shrykull said:
this looks really cool, but y did u compress it into a .zip rather than: .rar or .7z
I did not compress anything, this archive was not changed in any way from its original state and therefore it's in the format the authors' uploaded it in.

HeRMeS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm a member of the team which did that game.

Thank you for all the positive comments.

The English part of the website is done, but there's still some mistakes, so i didn't put it on line yet. You can have this version here : http://www.glubiesplanet.com/en/home.html ( and again sorry for the mistakes ^^)

The game is in french because... well we are french ^^. But the game will be translated, it's one of our objectives.

Otherwise, we don't know why the save system doesn't work, it worked with the version just before the alpha, so we'll try to solve this bug.

I think the game is playable even if you don't understand french language, it's quite simple :

You have to save a definite number of glubies.
You have to make tem go to the big red cross on the ground.

Reflexion phase :
You place some objects which will help you to get through the level, then push Start button

Action phase :
You give orders to your glubies in order to go at the arrival.

We are still working on this game, so wait for a new version soon (or not so soon ^^).

Cya, and thanks again.

EDIT : PLease, if you see some mistakes in the site, email-me or PM me so I can correct it. Thanks !

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok, thanks for the info (and the game).
Keep up the good work, this could get really great!
It takes quite a long time to load at DSTT, i waited for like 20sec, G6Real 1GB was a bit faster , with like 10-15sec.
It'd be good if you'd be able to cut down on the loading time, as some may thing it isn't working and just turn it off and think it's incompatible with their flashcard.

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
it loads relatively fast, like most other games 5-10 secs for my supercard ds1 =]

but yeah the game is very intresting =] but im stuck at level 7 i think it is, where you get the triangle and the dimond mirror for the first time ;-;

anyone wana help? xD but anyways looks awesome eh looking forward for this game to devolope even more
happy.gif

HeRMeS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two new versions :

Glubies Planet DS alpha 1.2 (for linker)
Glubies Planet DS alpha 1.2 (for No$gba)

For the No$gba version make sure that "OpenGL" is selected in the 3DRenderer options.

Changelog:
21/02/2009 - Alpha 1.2
- No$gba version ( no save mode for the emulateur version)
- Langage selection.
- English version
- Auto-detect the console langage.
- Auto-detect the profil name.
- The select buttonallow to restart a level.
- Level 11 added
- Now you can save your progression (not with the emulator version)
- Fix the bugs on the minimap durng game.
- "Jumper" update : jump one unit length and one unit height.
- Update of levels 8, 9 and 10.

So now you can select english langage, and you can save your progression.

Enjoy
wink.gif

PS : Thank you for your fedbacks
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1