Homebrew glitch in chrono trigger. help!

hpspectre

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i just got a rom of chrono trigger ds (U). when i go into the portal in the beginning, the portal just keeps going and loops. none of the buttons respond and the music just loops. im using Edge DS if that helps, but could someone tell me what to do and how to fix this?
thanks.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait for someone to make a fix or go get the jpn version which has the english language and download the fix or use narins cheat files......

phatdade69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so here's a retarded newbie question...

If all you have to do is apply a patch to the nds then why in the name of Hercules' nut sack don't they just patch it before they carve/zip and post it?

I'm sure there's some logical reason, but I just don't know what it is.... please.... enlighten me.

Phat

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phatdade69 said:

If all you have to do is apply a patch to the nds then why in the name of Hercules' nut sack don't they just patch it before they carve/zip and post it?

I'm sure there's some logical reason, but I just don't know what it is.... please.... enlighten me.

Phat
Because some people like having a clean rom, and eventually, all flashcart teams would patch it anyways.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
phatdade69 said:

Phat

they the Rom will not be a CLEAN ROM
also
we don't know if the ROM will it a patch till it out

hpspectre

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read the post by narin and downloaded DSATM like it said, but every time i try to patch the rom, it gives me a folder called "x" with nothing in it! what am i doing wrong? is there a tutorial out there somewhere that tells me what to do because the readme gives me nothin.
thanks

DokiDoki98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a HUGE thread somewhere.

Use DSATM,

open textedit(Mac) or WordPad(PC), and copy this

Loop fix
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

name the file CHEAT.txt

Put your CLEAN UNPATCHED ROM into the same folder as DSATM and the CHEAT.txt file.
*note make a NEW FOLDER and put DSATM the CHEAT and another ROM titled DONER.nds

Click autopatch game.

Put DONER.nds onto your flashcart.

Enjoy the awesomness that is Chrono Trigger

gamemazter12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Even without the patch, you can make the game fix.
1.Just by downloading the latest firmware on the EDGE website, the updated cheat included in the firmware makes the game fixed
2.Or just downloading the cheat database by Narin for EDGE on cheats.gbatemp.net and follow the instructions on changing the old cheat to the new cheats. Enable the backup activator/game fix code.

I HAVE AN EDGE CARD AND THE LATEST FIRMWARE AND IT WORKS

THANKS FOR THE CHEAT NARIN.....

EDGE ROCKS!!!!!

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...