GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoa, I went to sleep after my last post,, and I just woke up to find out that we've started a seecond page already!
Thanks for all the help so far, especially Toni and Darkway, people with experience alway seem to give the best advice
biggrin.gif
So what I'll prolly do is just follow your advice for now, and when (read: if) I get confident enough I'll try and see if I can stand up on my own. Problem is, I've been ill since saturday, and I hope I can go to school again tomorrow (never thought I'd ever say that) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to
frown.gif

So in the meantime please keep posting advice, I can always use a fifth, sixth and seventh opinion
smile.gif

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowly establish connections until you reach her to the point that you can become good friends, then make you small advances at that point. Subtlety is key!

Don't think about sex. EVER. Ok, I guess not until you're married or something. I know I never did, my 'love' came from my heart, not from down there, so people who saw the 'sincere' advances appreciated them, even if 'she' didn't.

Lastly, small steps > good, huge surprising/shocking actions > VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD. Trust me on this one.

Note: These are all based on personal experience. Methods and suggestions are based on experiences with a 'conservative' asian girl. Methods may or may not apply to hoes.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mei-o said:
Slowly establish connections until you reach her to the point that you can become good friends, then make you small advances at that point. Subtlety is key!

Don't think about sex. EVER. Ok, I guess not until you're married or something. I know I never did, my 'love' came from my heart, not from down there, so people who saw the 'sincere' advances appreciated them, even if 'she' didn't.

Lastly, small steps > good, huge surprising/shocking actions > VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD. Trust me on this one.

Note: These are all based on personal experience. Methods and suggestions are based on experiences with a 'conservative' asian girl. Methods may or may not apply to hoes.
Well she's not a whore, but if it works on a conservative asian girl, dutch girls will probably react the same way, albeit maybe more relaxed. The dutch mostly aren't that conservative.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mei-o said:
huge surprising/shocking actions > VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD. Trust me on this one.
I can't help imagining this "huge surprising/shocking action" as you jumping out of some bushes at her, dressed in a gorilla costume and with a rose in your teeth. Or writing your name on your chest (or shaving it into your chest hairs) and streaking a local football match.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
Mei-o said:
huge surprising/shocking actions > VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD. Trust me on this one.
I can't help imagining this "huge surprising/shocking action" as you jumping out of some bushes at her, dressed in a gorilla costume and with a rose in your teeth. Or writing your name on your chest (or shaving it into your chest hairs) and streaking a local football match.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

how dare you get me into stitches to the point that my whole body hurts this early in the morning I couldn't breath for trying to not wake anyone else up
rofl.gif

on-topic:- well I'm happy you liked my advice
biggrin.gif
but yeah just take it slow say hi, e.t.c. try to find some common ground (something you both like) and take it from there

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
Mei-o said:

Well she's not a whore, but if it works on a conservative asian girl, dutch girls will probably react the same way, albeit maybe more relaxed. The dutch mostly aren't that conservative.

Ok, to be fair, she was semi-conservative. Just avoid being creepy and NEVER EVER do anything you see on TV/movie dramas, they NEVER work IRL.

Veho said:
QUOTE(Mei-o @ Mar 16 2010, 05:27 PM)
I was thinking of something along the lines of suddenly blurting out "I LOVE YOU!", using really cheesy pickup lines from out of nowhere(but they do wonders when timed right XD) and stuff like that. But I those are pretty cool ideas, they show...DEDICATION!

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, waving maybe, I bet you have Hyves, add her, and respect her foto or something, and if she's in a cluster class with you, you can ask what the homework was or something.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
*bump*
Ok so a friend of mine who knows her better than I do told me he was going to help me, and he said that he would invite her to come over to his house just to hang out, and I could come too.
That way we could get to know each other better without having her think I'm some weird, scary random person who just starts talking to her. I'll report back when it happened.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
*bump*
Ok so a friend of mine who knows her better than I do told me he was going to help me, and he said that he would invite her to come over to his house just to hang out, and I could come too.
That way we could get to know each other better without having her think I'm some weird, scary random person who just starts talking to her. I'll report back when it happened.
Just make sure nothing bad happens. You know...'the girl liking your friend instead of you' kind of bad.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
*bump*
Just make sure nothing bad happens. You know...'the girl liking your friend instead of you' kind of bad.
Well actually I don't think that'll happen, they're just friends.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
*bump*
What you're trying to do is to start out as 'friends' with her, right? There you have it!

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
*bump*
What you're trying to do is to start out as 'friends' with her, right? There you have it!
No, what I meant was that she and the friend of mine that I was talking about are just friends, so probably nothing will happen between them. I know that starting out as friends is not a good idea, since it could lead to the notorious friend trap.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
*bump*
Friendships can always become love. A girl who's a really good friend of mine, said a while back she was starting to love me, but it's gone a bit over the top since then.

Anyway, just take your time and get to know her.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
Mei-o said:
Demonbart said:
*bump*
No, what I meant was that she and the friend of mine that I was talking about are just friends, so probably nothing will happen between them. I know that starting out as friends is not a good idea, since it could lead to the notorious friend trap.
Eh, no, what I meant to indirectly say was...what the guy above me said.

G

GentleFist

don't try too hard, first most girls aren't worth it, second it doesn't work

and don't be too nice, just act how you normally would not thinking that she is different to you from others

and getting too close to someone in the beginning isn't good too, friends are very close to each other and can talk about everything but they're just friends

btw not saying too much about yourself might make someone interested of saying things that dont tell the whole story, its always nice to be a bit mysterious but thats just my opinion

and as said before being too epic like tv dramas, love stories etc doesn't work, it only works with kawaii japanese that don't even talk your language and you probably only think it works because you don't understand what shes saying~~

tl dr:
best thing is you just hang out with people she knows, so if you meet her its not because you arranged it but because its really coincidence and don't try too hard, if she likes you too you will notice, and you also will notice if she doesn't like you, and when that happens don't forget her, just accept it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures