Girl issues... need your opinion?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bear in mind, this post was written up quickly and as such may lack some crucial detail, however...

It was another day at my current place of employment. I was sitting there doing some math and a pleasant female co-worker with whom I was previously acquainted approached me and asked me if I wanted to go for coffee.

I estimated that the distance from my office to the coffee shop to be around 100m +/- 5m, so with a mean walking speed of 1.2 m/s it would take me a maximum of 87.5 seconds to get there. I know for a fact that the length of the corridor outside my office is 18m, +/-1m, and so it should take 15.8333333 seconds to traverse.

I decided to walk at her speed, because it seemed like the appropriate social convention if I intended to court this lady. I also timed how long it took us to walk there out of interest. She talked to me as we walked down the corridor and clearly was not focused on the task at hand, to navigate ourselves to the coffee shop in a sensible and timely fashion, drink some coffee and return to work. After 20 seconds, we had still not reached the stairs, meaning she was walking at < 0.9m/s. That is more than 25% slower than the average walking speed.

I asked her why she was intent on wasting my time. When she asked what I meant, I confronted her with the fact that she was moving appreciably slower than she ought to be. She asked what was wrong with me, to which I replied that I was not the one who was clearly well outside the normal distribution for human walking speed in an unremarkable situation. She told me to forget it (which clearly defies principals on the function and longevity of human memory) and accelerated in the opposite direction of the coffee shop at an appreciable rate, thereby confirming my suspicion that she was moving slowly in order to waste my time. This in turn made the wasting of my time futile as I no longer had any reason to obey social convention and accept her invitation of coffee.

She later came and told ME that I was unreasonable. What do you think?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol that just went waaaay over my head. You gotta quit your job and become a cashier or something because those numbers were just pummeling me.

As for who's wrong in this situation, you are. No matter what. Even if you're right, you're wrong. Simply because she's a woman, you are ALWAYS wrong when it comes to them.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
lol that just went waaaay over my head. You gotta quit your job and become a cashier or something because those numbers were just pummeling me.

As for who's wrong in this situation, you are. No matter what. Even if you're right, you're wrong. Simply because she's a woman, you are ALWAYS wrong when it comes to them.
The only error I made was in my estimation of the distance of the coffee shop from the work place. With a 95% confidence level, the mean distance from the coffee shop falls within the interval [110.5, 114.4] inclusive.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Man whats wrong with you? u r stupid(no offense) cause is a woman she want to talk with you I mean She likes you and you can't see that cuz ur fucking stupid math
c'mon man wake up

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I feel like you're just fucking with us.
I don't believe coitus is possible over a digital medium such as the internet, GBAtemp.net, or any websites thereof.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Women = take time. Don't EVER expect them to be on time (no offense ladies. just MY personal experience).

I think you were a bit of an ass, to be honest. sorry, if you want to court a lady, you also have to deal with her bullshit.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
Nathan Drake said:
I don't believe coitus is possible over a digital medium such as the internet, GBAtemp.net, or any websites thereof.

Can you prove to me that it wouldn't be possible? I feel like there is a way one, well, two, could achieve such a task.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post scared me after imediately reading it, ummmmm it took me .99999 secs to type this. Maybe she wanted quality time with you ;p isnt ok to spend time with an aquaintent or buddy/friend/

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Linkiboy said:
Nathan Drake said:

Can you prove to me that it wouldn't be possible? I feel like there is a way one, well, two, could achieve such a task.
I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you a human calculator or something? Either the whole story is made up to create humor which I thought while reading It or you have some serious issues to deal with and would suggest you find help. The reason she was walking slow is because she was interested in you, not really to get coffee If the story really happened. The coffee If you really ever got there was just a bonus and It is possible that you just messed up your chance to get some "hot coffee"
biggrin.gif

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly you sound like a douche...She probably asked you to accompany her/walking slow to get a chance to talk to you cause maybe she wants to get to know you.....

...Because of math you may have potential lost out on some good p***y

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds +1