Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I saw the first screens of the DS version, I was somewhat disapointed, not from the sprites or look but something about the screens just made the game look a bit mediocre. The trailer however seems to make the game look more enticing:

The DS version may not feature any voicework at all but it is the only version that lets you drive the Ecto-1. The DS version will also have a management side to it letting you manage things like what you spend your cash on and where you do your jobs. Overall it sounds more like a sandbox style game than the other ones.

The game will be released in the US on the 16th June for PC/360/PS3 and Wii. PSP & PS2 versions are set to follow later but will surely be poopy as Red Fly see them more as "contractual obligations". Europeans will need to wait until November unless they own a PS3 as its a timed exclusive here....once more, fuck you Atari, fuck you Sony.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
George290506 said:
The video seems very good but I haven't seen any images until today for DS. I hope for the best.http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14219088/imgs_3.html

Those are like four month ago...

QUOTE(dib @ May 27 2009, 11:15 PM) Let's not show the actual screen, otherwise people might realize that DS games generally look like crap.
rolleyes.gif

This game looks great. And the Wii version looks awesome, too!!! Hopefully they`ll have the real german voice actor for this game. Even if the real voices are better I grew up with the synchronization
biggrin.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks better than I expected..

The whole management and driving thing reminds me a lot of the first NES Ghostbusters game.. which was really crappy (AVGN made a review of it). Seems like they used that as a reference here.. but hopefully, fixing all the bad stuff
tongue.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, especially the city scenes look amazing. If that's actual gameplay footage... it's either the new best 3d engine on the ds...
...or everything is so low poly that it doesn't look too good up close. But even then it might be a great game (one of the best movie based games?)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Atari & C64 versions of that game were good though. The only good GB game after that was New Ghostbusters II on the NES.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
TraumaHoundNDS said:
Is that an updated version of Ray Parker JR's famous theme song? Sounds like him but a little different (though my addled brain could easily be mistaken.)

This is the new updated version.

QUOTE(skawo96 @ May 28 2009, 12:45 PM) Definately better than
ghostbusters_nes_screenshot2.jpg

Hey! I had that on my Speccy and liked it... kinda. Can only look back at it now through rose tinted glasses.

Am looking forward to the new game though. I really hope it at least delivers something worthwhile after all this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1