Ghostbusters DS - First Trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Ever since I saw the first screens of the DS version, I was somewhat disapointed, not from the sprites or look but something about the screens just made the game look a bit mediocre. The trailer however seems to make the game look more enticing:

The DS version may not feature any voicework at all but it is the only version that lets you drive the Ecto-1. The DS version will also have a management side to it letting you manage things like what you spend your cash on and where you do your jobs. Overall it sounds more like a sandbox style game than the other ones.

The game will be released in the US on the 16th June for PC/360/PS3 and Wii. PSP & PS2 versions are set to follow later but will surely be poopy as Red Fly see them more as "contractual obligations". Europeans will need to wait until November unless they own a PS3 as its a timed exclusive here....once more, fuck you Atari, fuck you Sony.

2. George290506

Member George290506 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    The video seems very good but I haven't seen any images until today for DS. I hope for the best.

3. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Let's not show the actual screen, otherwise people might realize that DS games generally look like crap.

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    [​IMG]

This game looks great. And the Wii version looks awesome, too!!! Hopefully they`ll have the real german voice actor for this game. Even if the real voices are better I grew up with the synchronization [​IMG]

5. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Looks better than I expected..

The whole management and driving thing reminds me a lot of the first NES Ghostbusters game.. which was really crappy (AVGN made a review of it). Seems like they used that as a reference here.. but hopefully, fixing all the bad stuff [​IMG]

6. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is that an updated version of Ray Parker JR's famous theme song? Sounds like him but a little different (though my addled brain could easily be mistaken.)

7. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    Wow, especially the city scenes look amazing. If that's actual gameplay footage... it's either the new best 3d engine on the ds...
    ...or everything is so low poly that it doesn't look too good up close. But even then it might be a great game (one of the best movie based games?)

8. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Definately better than
    [​IMG]

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Those graphics look great IMO.

10. Dark_linis

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I cant even bring myself to try that out [​IMG]

11. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The Atari & C64 versions of that game were good though. The only good GB game after that was New Ghostbusters II on the NES.

12. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hey! I had that on my Speccy and liked it... kinda. Can only look back at it now through rose tinted glasses.

Am looking forward to the new game though. I really hope it at least delivers something worthwhile after all this time.