Hardware Getting the 3DS XL?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally when new things releas, especially systems, they have specials going on. Towards the release you may be able to trade in your 3ds for like an extra 30% in store credit towards the preorder of the xl. I know its not much, but it may help. Games may also be traded towards it for additional percent extra if its toward the preorder/purchase of the XL. So if xwatchmanx is correct about 100$, and we add the 30% extra, thats 130$. A small increase, but hey, every bit counts right?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyone here has a 3DS XL?

Can you tell me about the screen pixelation? Is it extremely noticeable compared to 3DS?

I want a 3DS LL because I was drawn by the DSi LL's huge display but what kills is really the pixel density.

The pixel difference between DSi and DSi LL is pretty obvious, I hope the 3DS gap is smaller.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Can you tell me about the screen pixelation? Is it extremely noticeable compared to 3DS?

I want a 3DS LL because I was drawn by the DSi LL's huge display but what kills is really the pixel density.

The pixel difference between DSi and DSi LL is pretty obvious, I hope the 3DS gap is smaller.

Look, the DSiXL and the 3DSXL should have more or less the same screen size ( but wide screen for the 3DSXL ), however the DSiXL has a resolution of 256x192, and the 3DSXL has 800x240 ( or 400x240 in 3D mode) there fore, it seems obvious that the 3DSXL has a much higher pixel density, and to tell you the truth I'm really happy with my DSiXL pixel density, and I'm sure the 3DSXL pixel density should satisfy even you.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's not even released yet.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Look, the DSiXL and the 3DSXL should have more or less the same screen size ( but wide screen for the 3DSXL ), however the DSiXL has a resolution of 256x192, and the 3DSXL has 800x240 ( or 400x240 in 3D mode) there fore, it seems obvious that the 3DSXL has a much higher pixel density, and to tell you the truth I'm really happy with my DSiXL pixel density, and I'm sure the 3DSXL pixel density should satisfy even you.
I once had the DSi XL. It was great.
The big screen was new and fresh. Wasn't a strain on the eyes.

When I switched over to 3DS I was like... ugh.

But the difference in pixel density compared with the DSi is very noticeable. Everything is blockier and the words are just fugly.

I just want to know if the 3DS XL will be lesser obvious, or if it's the same feel.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

It's not even released yet.
Seen many people's reactions, reviews and stuff on it and thought it was released before checking. My bad, my bad.

HalMotley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting it on launch day, can't wait to own 6 DS's! Who else is in the same boat, a lot of people seem to be hating on the 3DS XL, but i think it looks awesome, even without the second circle pad!

[attachment=849:tower.jpg]

[attachment=850:closed.jpg]

[attachment=851:open.jpg]

I will be grabbing a 3DS XL because I want the large screens and I want to upgrade from the Phat model. What annoys me is everyone thinks that the 3DS XL would be a huuuuuuge improvement to the original 3DS, it isn't it's designed to be a 3DS with larger screens that's why there is no second circle pad. There is a good video here which I think makes sense of the situation and can explain in a much more detailed and quirky way.

I am excited about owning one as I managed to preorder on Amazon, but I am disappointed about the limited colour selections so I will be doing a respray of the top cover to a cool black colour and adding the Brotherhood of Steel insignia on top. I do think that the folks at Nintendo should have increased the resolution on the 3DS XL to make the stretch that games make on the screen less obvious.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am debating on getting 3DS XL or a PSP. Right now I have a DSi XL. If I do get 3DS XL I will be reselling my DSi XL.

Getting PSP means playing with more games. Getting 3DS XL means I will be still mostly playing DS games, as 3DS games are still high price (I am a bargain buyer).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-