Hacking Getting started with

starwarsfan541

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
65
Reaction score
18
Trophies
0
XP
64
Country
United States
Ive had my wiis hacked for a while and after playing with Devolution, I decided I wanted to play backup wii games, so my questions are how big is the average game and certain games in particular including-
Wii Fit plus
Brawl
Mario Party 9

Wii has bootmii as boot2 and wannioko ciosrev21 I believe installed in slot 236

Also, hoy big of a drive should I get and what brand.

Sorry for the topic title I didnt finish it before I hit enter
 
Wii games vary in size depending on what format it's in. Uncompressed Wii ISOs will be 4.37GB if they're DVD5 and 7.92 I think if they're DVD9 (like Brawl).

If they're compressed (also called Scrubbed) the size varies between games. If you use Wii Backup Manager the games are compressed (I think? Someone should confirm) to their actual size when you move them to your HDD.

Any size external will work, it just depends on how many games you have backups of. 320GB is usually recommended.
 
wanin's rev21 is a bit outdated, u should install a d2x cIOS. I recommend u check out ModMii, it will get your softmods up to date as well as instruct u on how to setup a usb-loader (including how to format your HDD).

Is it safe to load another cios over it?
I have d2x on my up to date wii and know how to install it?
 
yes, it's safe to overwrite one cIOS with another. cIOSs are typically installed to slots >200. Anything installed to slots >100 is not used by the anything other than homebrew and therefore cannot do anything to cause bricks.
 
If it's in your guide then it should be in your WAD folder. Were files missing or invalid after using ModMii? Did you run the ModMiiFix.bat from the first post of the modmii thread?

but to answer your question, no, it's not necessary
 
Yes, it said it was missing that but nothing else, if its not necessary for the cios than I won't bother.
Thanks for the help and great utility by the way
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, I ripped a game wii fit plus with usbloadergx, but it wont show up in the game list, I took out the flash drive and it is there in a subdirectory WBFS - Wii fit pluss - iso file.
 

Site & Scene News