Hacking Getting started with Acekard 2

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
hyun said:
What advantages does AKAIO has over AK2 menu???

for piracy, none at all really.

dunno if it has any other "features", i only use my ds to play games

I traded off my MP3 player to get my DS so I put a few song files onto the stick. Though I may juggle files onto my 2nd stick as my RPGs take up much less room.

istis

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG I think my head is about to explode!!!
hate2.gif
Ok....I'm a total novice.... it even took me ages to work out what you guys meant by 'putting something on the Root!!" So please be gently with me when you explain how to get my acekard2 working! I got one for my kids (to replace the R4's that were stolen from them!!) but don't know what to do....I've looked over all the stuff on these threads but being the totally uneducated old person I am....I have no idea what you are all talking about! lol For the record, my sister got the R4's sorted for me and loaded them with games and sent them to me for the kids....so i have to do this myself this time!

Ok....I have the acekard2 and a 4GB Kingston SDcard.

I have downloaded a Zip file that is named ak2_411_20081023_relese

I have also downloaded a file called [3104]Acekard_AK-AIO_1.2 which is an RAR File

Am I right so far?

If so....whats next? HELP!

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm on the run but wanted to thank the OP for posting this thread and all the responders. I'm waiting on my Dealextreme AceKard2(.1?) now that the r4 is all but dead and needed this post to straighten me out.

Thanks from
yaynds.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
istis said:
Am I right so far?

If so....whats next? HELP!

I would recommend that you install the latest official firmware and not AKAIO since it's slightly more difficult to install. Unfortunately, you don't have the latest firmware. Get it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3823

It will be a ZIP file. Hopefully you know how to unzip the ZIP file (on Windows, you would just right-click and select "Extract All" and follow the directions).

Once unzipped, you should see a file named "akmenu2.nds" and a folder named "__ak2" (which contains a bunch of other files and folders).

You didn't mention whether or not you have a microSD card reader. If not, you'll need to buy one. Plug the reader into your PC's USB port, then insert your microSD card into the card reader. You should now be able to see the files on the microSD card (actually, if it's new there shouldn't be any files).

You'll want to drag the "akmenu2.nds" file and "__ak2" folder to your microSD card.

Then make a new folder on your microSD card named "games" and put some game (.nds) files in the folder.

ALWAYS use the "Safely Remove Hardware" utility on Windows before removing your microSD card from your PC (the utility will look like a little green icon in the lower-right area of your screen near the clock). Double-click the icon, choose your microSD reader/card from the list, and press the "stop" button. You should get a message saying that it's now safe to remove the hardware.

Insert the Acekard 2 into the Nintendo DS. Insert the microSD card into the Acekard 2. Turn on your Nintendo DS. Click on the "Acekard" button to launch the menu. You should get a menu that says "microSD card" and "slot 2" (or something similar). Click on "microSD card". Click on the "games" folder. You should see your games. Click on the icon for one of them to launch the game.

-Bri

xLadyKx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll tack on to this thread instead of starting a new one. I've searched and read as much old posts as I can but I just want to make sure so I don't ruin my new DSL.

I just bought an Acekard2.1 through RHS. I know, it's cheaper on DX, but they're back-ordered until Christmas PLUS the time it'll take to ship here, I'd rather pay extra to get it in 2-3 days.

I'm going to download the latest version of AKAIO1.3 and then the AKMenu 4.12. Those are compatible I believe? Is it the same process as you described on the first page then? I just install AKAIO then install 4.12 but place 4.12 into AKAIO's "__aio/ak2loaders" folder?

I had some more questions but I can't remember them so I'll just settle for this one lol.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't actually install the official firmware. You just rename the "akmenu4.nds" file from 4.12 (to something like "ak_412.nds") and put it in the "__aio/ak2loader" folder on your microSD card.

-Bri

sabih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri:- You seem the most knowledgeable person here so i will direct this question towards your goodself..

I am having issues with getting any game to work via the Nintendo Wifi connection part in each game.

I have no such issues with my iphone, my wii, my laptop detecting my wireless connection, and then i enter in the password i have set on it to be granted access, however my DS doesnot detect my wireless connection in anygame i have tried.

I am running the Akaio 1.2 firmware (not using the official firmware/loader aswell).

Can you help, any ideas?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does the DS's web based mutiplayer work for any official games you own?
If not, is it possible that your wifi network uses WPA security? The DS only supports the older, less secure, WEP (or unsecured) wifi.

dsoutware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
also make sure if your router configure to allow the new mac address of the ds. Sometimes you set up mac filtering and it won't allow any new connections besides the one you listed in filter. In addition, whether you set up enough dhcp ip for it. make sure your ip range is enough to cover another ds. the easiest one i think is get mario kart and setup the nintendo wifi for it in the game. it is fairly easy and quick. once your done, most games will work.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like sabih is having trouble setting up WiFi. I PM'd him with information about how to set it up manually, which is what I had to do to get it working with my router.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: