Hacking Getting my 3DS to its best state

ryouga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Gateway 3DS, not sure last time I updated firmware or updated that emu thing but as is whats best to do? Id say I haven't done an official update since I got the Gateway at Christmas 2014 and not updated the emunand for quite a while either.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without knowing which firmware you have it's kinda hard to give you advice. Assuming you don't have CFW installed yet, don't update to the latest version!
Follow 3ds.guide and see if you can get Boot9Strap and Luma3DS installed. I don't think there's really an advantage to having a Gateway anymore, but some people still use them so they might be able to give better advice. Nowadays most people just install whatever they want to play directly to their home menu using CIA installers like FBI, or they use FreeShop.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

ryouga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back again, well I recently bought a new 2ds XL, I only have 1 game that has a save I want backed up, where is it though? Its been so long that I used Gateway all I can find on the microsd card is my games, are the saves on the system sd card?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Back again, well I recently bought a new 2ds XL, I only have 1 game that has a save I want backed up, where is it though? Its been so long that I used Gateway all I can find on the microsd card is my games, are the saves on the system sd card?
Did you play the game with Gateway? In that case you need to follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
If it was played with Gateway the save file will be on the root of your SD card.

ryouga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep played with Gateway when I used it ages ago, was going to check but there seems to be a issue, just thought at same time as updating the launcher I would take the saves off it

ryouga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the guides were confusing, I was unclear if I need to mount the game in Gateway, then use that save manager to back it up or something else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...