Hacking Getting lots of errors with Sakura

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I sold my G6 Real to a friend and got an M3 Real today, along with a 4g Kingston card. I brought it out and put all of my .nds files, along with my .0 save files from my G6 into a "NDS" Folder in the root directory. However, when I go to play some games, it gives me an error that says something along the lines of "application halted" on the top screen while the bottom screen is stuck on the game selection menu with the loading bar going nowhere. I have found that if I boot up in M3 Real or iTouch and then boot the game that it then works in Sakura, but its still troubling... Does anyone know the reason and any faster method of how to get these games to work?

The second error I have encountered is that when I try to play some games, it beeps at me and gives me some error in japanese on the top screen. The only not japanese part of the error is L+R+A+B, so I tried it. It said something about erasing the save data, which I didn't care about, so I did it anyway. The system crashes, and when I turn it back on and it tells me to back up important stuff and format my card. Has this happened to anyone else?

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has not happened to me. I would recommend reformatting and redownloading sakura (downloading, not copying). If problems persist, test an empty cart with just a firmware and an NDS and GBA game in it (with no saves). If problems persist even more, run scandisk and take the card back to the manufacturer.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
MitchStar said:
The second error I have encountered is that when I try to play some games, it beeps at me and gives me some error in japanese on the top screen. The only not japanese part of the error is L+R+A+B, so I tried it. It said something about erasing the save data, which I didn't care about, so I did it anyway. The system crashes, and when I turn it back on and it tells me to back up important stuff and format my card. Has this happened to anyone else?
I think this is the error message you're talking about?
??????????
??????????????

????????????????????
?????????????
????????????????????

????????????????????
????????????
L+R+A+B
????????????
????????????????????

Translation:
Detected a non-
supported save file format

Performing a conversion on this
file may possibly corrupt it.
Once converted, it can not be restored.

To continue with the conversion
anyway, press the
L+R+A+B buttons.

Shut off the power to cancel.
I thought this message was already translated in the latest M3 Sakura release?

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awhile back the m3 real switch to a .sav from the g6 .0 save for the Sakura firmware. When you boot up the game in m3 real it will convert your .0 save to .sav save file. And as to your error with the save were those games that you boot up with the itouch and then switch to sakura?

Edit: didnt know that the sakura will convert the file too...

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten most of the games to work now, however, a few can't be booted on any of the 3 firmwares. When I try, it just says "save data file format error," on the bottom screen. This has happened to games that I don't even have saves for. Should I try reformatting again? I'm using the triple boot download found in the M3 Sakura sticky.

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump, most recently this happened with Guitar Hero.

----
update:
So I formatted again, and this time just put Sakura on it (not the triple boot), and everythings working fine. Could the triple boot have been causing this or was my micro sdhc card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-