PS1/2 Getting HDD ready for PS2

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So ive decided to run an external hdd on my ps2 initially but it is known that i need to format the hard drive I already have ready for the PS2, I've been told HD Advance will do it automatically on the PS2 but is there any programs for the PC that can do this as well.

Basically I need a PC application that will format my hard drive ready for the PS2 and also an app that will copy ISO's onto that hard drive ready for when everything turns up

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WinHIIP, i know from experience it used to work on my ide hdd, as for usb i guess it would work

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks but this still won't format the Hard drive to the ps2 format, any ideas on a program that will

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2 format is just fat32, isn't it?
I partitioned my usb hard drive to ntfs/fat32 and threw the converted ps2 games on there and they worked.

So any old formatter will do...

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS2 format is just fat32, isn't it?
I partitioned my usb hard drive to ntfs/fat32 and threw the converted ps2 games on there and they worked.

So any old formatter will do...

Im so confused by all of this, coverted my drive to fat32 and winhiip still couldnt see it. how do I do this then, i have the drive and i have a bunch of iso's do i copy over the isos to the drive or do i have to extract the contents of the isos to folders on the hard drive similar to what you do with external drives on the ps3

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just drag the iso to the drive, there's a program that converts it, or splits it up.

Games that are over 4GB in size are a little more trouble, but the application takes care of that. It's because fat32 doesn't handle any file that's over 4GB.

Sadly, I don't remember what that application is called, I don't have my PS2 anymore, this is just off of memory. :s

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think I found it, USB extreme its splitting the game into 1gb files and adding a ul.cfg file I'm guessing as a list to be read on the ps2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.