pilotwangs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
You can play small NES games with its built-in version of PocketNES, and you can run multiboot GBA files. See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Multiboot and http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/List_of_GBA_multiboot_games for more info on multiboot files.

Note that if you got the SD version, you'll want to look into PocketNES_compy while if you've got the CF version you'll want to look into the GBAMP-specific version of PocketNES which runs better.
Thank you.

Ive got the SD version,so ill look into PocketNES_compy.

Cheers again.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that with PocketNES_compy you'll be limited to games that are a maximum of 256 kb uncompressed, and you won't be able to save without overwriting the SRAM of an official GBA cartridge you already own (the process is called SRAM Cannibalism). The PocketHeaven boards can also help you out here.

EDIT: I'd also highly recommend looking into Herg's Solitaire. Great time-killer.

EDIT 2: Also, though the GBAMP can already view converted bitmap image files, I created a multiboot-capable image viewer program that nobody has ever tested out for me. If you're interested, let me know.

pilotwangs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Note that with PocketNES_compy you'll be limited to games that are a maximum of 256 kb uncompressed, and you won't be able to save without overwriting the SRAM of an official GBA cartridge you already own (the process is called SRAM Cannibalism). The PocketHeaven boards can also help you out here.

EDIT: I'd also highly recommend looking into Herg's Solitaire. Great time-killer.

EDIT 2: Also, though the GBAMP can already view converted bitmap image files, I created a multiboot-capable image viewer program that nobody has ever tested out for me. If you're interested, let me know.

Woah,im interested.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, just be warned it's a fairly complex process. It's also rather useless, but it was a good coding exercise nonetheless.

1. Download and install IrFanView. You can also just download the portable installer-free version if you'd like. All you really need is the i_view32.exe file.
2. Download the v3.0 package from http://danthemanms2.googlepages.com/multibootiv.html and unzip it.
3. Double-click the createFolders.bat file to create the folders you need.
4. Double-click convert.jar to open the conversion program.
5. Set the paths to i_view32.exe and the "MultibootImageViewer3" folder (only needs to be done once, as it saves the paths you select)
6. Browse for the images to convert. You can select multiple files.
7. Click the button to save the image_convert.bat file.
8. Double-click the image_convert.bat file that was just created to actually convert the images.

At this point, the converted images will be in their respective folders (240x64 etc). Run the respective *.bat file for the resolution you want, or run the "runAll.bat" file to do all of them. Click OK for each image (I can't get rid of this unfortunately).

Then go to the outMB folder to see your files. Copy to your card and run. Hopefully they'll work on the GBAMP, though of course there's the chance that they won't.

If you want to then clean out all the converted images so it doesn't rebuild them into *.gba files whenever you run the runAll.bat file, simply delete all the folders except DragonBASIC, outGBA, outMB, and SRC, and then run the creatFolders.bat file again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one