Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good to know.

is there a noob explanation for why that does not work?

when we dump games (with or without patches), does it decrypt something that is console specific to make it work on everyone's consoles?
i assume the pkg installer is something intended for devs and not something created by people from the scene, right?

Fake updates are fake signed.

Theyre dumper and decrypted by a user on their console, then packaged using fake keys 32x zeros.

Disc/psn (legit) and fake are not cross compatible due to this process. Neither are their saves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if i read it correctly, it can be updated, if someone who dumped his legit update, shares it
Correct.
I am pretty sure there is a way to do it using the game .pkg but I could be wrong
wrong.

We dont have PFS keys only RSA. So we cant grab content wihout using the PS4 to run and decrypt via dumper.

Reactions: Sparkss

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If i played a game and finished it , and then install the same game updated to a final edition or something like that , will it load the save from my previous version , or if it is the same game and a different cusa will create a different save ?

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently even is the CUSA is the same but pkg signature is different, savegame will be different ? Seems weird to me. (or is it like user locked ?)
On my PS4 I dont have any PSN account, I just have a local user.

Reactions: matias3ds

Forbidden76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1, own the game you want to update.

2, find the update that matches the CUSA id of the game you own

3, Make sure its 5.05 MAX

4, Download update pkg.

5, install via pkg installer in debug.

6, dump game using split option to save game and update separate.

7, fpkg the update and share it on a site that allows piracy.

Thanks for this useful info. Sorry for my ignorance but I am trying to figure this PS4 stuff out.
So if I download a PS4 torrrent then its impossible to update this game?
If I have a original game disc then its possible to update with the online ps4databse.io database pkg?
Will the original game disc be needed after I dump it to the hard disk?
TIA

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this useful info. Sorry for my ignorance but I am trying to figure this PS4 stuff out.
So if I download a PS4 torrrent then its impossible to update this game?
If I have a original game disc then its possible to update with the online ps4databse.io database pkg?
Will the original game disc be needed after I dump it to the hard disk?
TIA

It IS possible to update these fake pkg games, but the process is slightly different.

The fake pkg game needs the same CUSA ID fake packaged update (you cannot use a legit update on a fake signed game)

The fake pkg update then needs extracting in orbis-pub-chk (pass = 32 x 0's) and the resulting extracted files need making into a patch file in orbis-pub-gen using the fake pkg game as the base to pair it to.

Trust me it works better this long ass way... but if you want to try download a game from one source and an update from another chances are the digest wont match as the base game was not used to pair the update to it.

Luckily @Chrushev made a AIO tool to do this for you though ;) its linked in the AIO guide: [AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have download some updates from that site and they are retail.is not usefully on ps4 jailbroken fpkg

I did state “these only work with legit games/PSN titles” however it requires debug settings to be able to install the pkgs, and they are for people to update their legit games so that then they can dump them and fake sign them for others to play.

If you want fakesigned updates, you need to go to piracy sites to get them, and if you get fake signed games and updates from different sources: remember to remarry the fake signed pkgs.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Hayato213

ghost1112

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
HI everyone
I have a question please
am trying to download an update for a fpkg the problem is am little confused
I founded the same CUSA ver of the game but when I try to install the patch it gave me an error
and what about-(Delta Patch)-should I download it and merging both together

sorry for my bad English

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI everyone
I have a question please
am trying to download an update for a fpkg the problem is am little confused
I founded the same CUSA ver of the game but when I try to install the patch it gave me an error
and what about-(Delta Patch)-should I download it and merging both together

sorry for my bad English
Because you mentioned 'Delta Patch' it looks like you have probably downloaded an 'official' update file. Official update pkg's ONLY work with Disc games, you cannot use them with fake pkg's.

You need to find a fake pkg update for your game.
Also if the fpkg update still does not install you will need to Re-Package the fpkg update to work with your game.
You can do this with 'Duxa's PS4 patch repackager'.

Reactions: ghost1112

ghost1112

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Because you mentioned 'Delta Patch' it looks like you have probably downloaded an 'official' update file. Official update pkg's ONLY work with Disc games, you cannot use them with fake pkg's.

You need to find a fake pkg update for your game.
Also if the fpkg update still does not install you will need to Re-Package the fpkg update to work with your game.
You can do this with 'Duxa's PS4 patch repackager'.

I see
Thank you so much

Reactions: Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol