Getting DVD Key from NAND dump?

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a RROD that I was not able to bring back but the disc drive is fully functional. However, I was able to dump the NAND as the RROD is gpu related.

I want to put said disc drive in another rgh system I have that has a dead dvd drive but I do not have the DVD key from the rrod console to input into the working system. I know you primarily need to boot to xell to get cpu and dvd key, but is there a way to obtain the dvd key from a nand dump or other means?

sashka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need the drive key from your working system and insert it into the working drive from your rrod console. So you dont need the drive key from your rrod console.

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to read the nand with my pico. guess since the cpu is intact, that's what you need in order to read the nand. I used jrunner to extract the nand and have the kv_en.bin file. is that what I need?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if it read in kv modder. it can be encrypted or decrypted, but I think in order to decrypt it, you need the cpu key (not sure if both kv and nand are encrypted or both). that's beyond my knowledge.

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if it read in kv modder. it can be encrypted or decrypted, but I think in order to decrypt it, you need the cpu key (not sure if both kv and nand are encrypted or both). that's beyond my knowledge.
when trying to select "open kv encrypted" or "extract kv from nand" it immediately pops with error asking for cpu key. I'm using keyvault v1g

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche