x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to decrypt other wud files and obtained the same error? Is there a chance you're using the wrong key?

Reactions: legendtaker236

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not a decryption error, it's a run time error.
he can't run it because he doesn't have VCredist, or the correct version. (older, or 32 bit instead of 64, or 64 instead of 32, etc.)

though, he said he tried to put the required files in the folder, but still didn't work. Maybe he still miss some other VCredist's files. the easiest is to reinstall it.

legendtaker236

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to decrypt other wud files and obtained the same error? Is there a chance you're using the wrong key?
this will be my first WUD file to decrypt, so i cant say. but i cant click on the DiscU Application or run it using CMD with out it saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to Close the application"

also i was using the wrong key i admit, but even after obtaining the right one it still gives me the error

it's not a decryption error, it's a run time error.
he can't run it because he doesn't have VCredist, or the correct version. (older, or 32 bit instead of 64, or 64 instead of 32, etc.)

though, he said he tried to put the required files in the folder, but still didn't work. Maybe he still miss some other VCredist's files. the easiest is to reinstall it.

i also installed the latest version of VCredist 64, so maybe i should try 32 bit?

Last edited by legendtaker236,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the error after installing the 64bit only too.
I'm still not sure if the VCRedist bit version should match your OS bit, or if you have to install both 32bit and 64bit to make all programs working.
I guess that's the later : you have to install 32bit version for 32 bit program, AND the 64bit version for 64 bit programs.

Reactions: legendtaker236

legendtaker236

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the error after installing the 64bit only too.
I'm still not sure if the VCRedist bit version should match your OS bit, or if you have to install both 32bit and 64bit to make all programs working.
I guess that's the later : you have to install 32bit version for 32 bit program, AND the 64bit version for 64 bit programs.
ill install the 32 bit version to see if that works, if i can only find the 32 bit version

Edit: it seems installing the 32 and 64 bit version of VCredist did the trick, thanks to both x65943 and Cyan

Last edited by legendtaker236,
Reactions: x65943 and Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol