Getting cfw

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JoshiYoshi64, Apr 17, 2017.

1. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

JoshiYoshi64 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2017
    I will get cfw if someone can answer me theses questions.
    I currently have soundhax with a new 3ds xl 11.3
    Recently I upgraded from a 4g micro sd card to a 32g micro sd card and while screwing a screw back in it broke so I can never undo it again. :(

Just wondering that can you put All the files in at the start using micro sd management in system settings, and at the end of safehax just power off. Is that possible?
    Please could someone test this.

2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    You should be able to do everything (except configuring Luma settings booting from CTRNAND) without needing to remove the SD card. You could always drill out the screw with a tiny drill bit. :(

3. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    You can't downgrade from 11.3 tho, how are you supposed to get CFW

4. Pro_Sparrow

Pro_Sparrow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    In a tree
    Yes, you can

5. MuperMumpjanSario

MuperMumpjanSario Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Perth, Western Australia
    How long have you been gone? We have a new arm11 exploit, and safehax was updated to work with it.

6. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    UDSploit right?

7. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

Feb 15, 2017
    Don't have a drill. Also what are you talking about when you say I can't configure luma settings from ctrnand. I've heard of sysnand and emunand but never known the difference

OrGoN3 likes this.
  8. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Luma has the ability to be stored into your CTRNAND, so it can boot without an SD card. To configure this, you need to boot Luma without an SD card. You can't do that so......

Emunand is old. Don't worry about it unless you participate in a lot of tournaments. And in that case, there's the Kecleon Patch for that (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-kecleon-patch-for-luma3ds.455090/). Just use updated sysnand.

9. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

Feb 15, 2017
    I've looked on 3ds.guide and It says that if you boot into 2.1 with your sd card in you will get a blank screen. Just a theory but can this be fixed if on 11.3 you change your theme to default