Getting Caught Back Up

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by personperson, Jun 29, 2010.

Jun 29, 2010

Getting Caught Back Up by personperson at 12:40 AM (642 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. personperson
    OP

Newcomer personperson Member

About 2-3 years ago I bought a PSP-2000, at the time in order to install custom firmware onto it I needed a Pandora Battery. However for whatever reason that I no longer remember I had to use a round about way of creating one, I hard modded an extended battery by prying it open and cutting one of the circuits inside and in the end it worked. I remember needing a program on my memory stick in order to tell the PSP whether the battery would be acting as a Pandora Battery or not so that it could function normally.

Since then it had worked great, but my PSP has been collecting dust for over a year now and I've finally decided to bring it out of retirement. The problem is I have no idea how far along the hacking scene is since then. I don't have the same memory stick either, so my PSP will not turn on unless I remove the battery and connect to AC then boot it up. I've tried to look up what I should be doing, but I am completely stumped.

I'm running the firmware 5.00 M33-6, which I know is out of date by now. So the two things I need to do is first, find out how to make my battery function normally and second is upgrade the firmware. Any help?

2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I think you have to make your Pandora a normal battery again, press the SELECT button and there should be a "MAKE NORMAL BATTERY" option, or something along those lines.
    As for the firmware... you should probably update to GEN D3, if you look up on youtube "m33-6 to gen-d3" you'll get many tutorials to do it.

3. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    If the poster hardmodded the only way to turn the battery back to normal is to hardmod it again and connect the cut leg back to the board, which is insanely hard.

The easiest way to get the PSP working again without buying another battery (assuming the poster has another MS) is to use something like Rain's IPL MS Tool and inject the Time Machine IPL or use one of the MMS tools to completely recreate the MMS.

4. personperson
    OP

Newcomer personperson Member

Ahh, something I had completely forgotten a Magic Memory Stick and Time Machine rings a bell, so I'll try that. Thanks for the help.