Getting bored

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by davetheshrew, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davetheshrew
    OP

davetheshrew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2016
    Ive been waiting since before christmas for IOSU to surface. I have 70+ wii U games on disc and over 100 wii games on disc so piracy is of no concern to me, I pre order all new titles and usually have them on release day. I dont want to get rid of my existing console to get a lower firmware one because Im still in warranty and in all honesty a lower firmware console would be useless to my needs. I like my discs scratch free and thats the reason I want IOSU. Kernel exploit is of no use to me because I cant fit 70+ games on a sd card. IOSU will give me access to the usb and external hdd's in time.

Im bored from waiting. Ive tried to learn c and Im trying to get to grips with IDA but Im not a computer science engineer nor am I a gifted hacker so Im forced to wait. Is anyone else in the same position? I do find it sad many here just want loadiine and are happy with just that.

I appreciate all the great work coming out of @NWPlayer123 and @Datalogger . I do have a question. Are you guys 10% there? 50%? 99%? Im asking because Im thinking of giving up checking here day by day and simply going for a full collection without backing them up. There is nothing really there for 5.5+ users until something pops up, be it IOSU or kernel and watching all the 5.4 users get their plate full is making me a bit depressed.

Donzi, Xenon Hacks, KytuzuEX and 6 others like this.
  2. Elliot99

Elliot99 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Mexico
    I'm no hacker I just wish the 5.5.x kernel exploit for some titles to enjoy with my family T_T

3. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    I can't help you with the exploit issues, but there are tons of people (including me) who would be more than happy to teach you (or anyone else who's interested) how to code and develop for the system.

You're right about the day-to-day lack of anything, it really kills motivation when you're up against some issue and you come on here only to find people preaching that "the Wii U scene is dead, all devs are terrible." I could ignore those posts but it seems like they are the only posts for 5.5 right now. Although I will say that asking the devs for a progress statement is dangerous. It's the same trap that the "high-profile" exploit devs fell into: it starts the hype train when there might not be anything to deliver.

4. andriy921

andriy921 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    It's fun. You're also want just loadiine with hdd support + online play.
    It's even more fun that @dimok 's homebrew launcher gives us very clean environment for running homebrew apps on fws 4.0.0-5.4.0 without worrying about fw differences/installers. But how many homebrew apps are there now?

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. QuarkTheAwesome

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    There's zero documentation (scares new programmers, "I can't figure this out!") and a toxic community (annoys experienced programmers, "Why would I spend my time here?") It's no surprise that there's so few applications available.

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Kexploit 5.5 means not much but Loadiine.

Iosu however......

Good things come to those who wait.

If you can't wait: sell your 5.5 and buy a 5.3.2/5.4. What's the rush?

7. andriy921

Dec 1, 2015
    What do you mean by no documentation? Tell me which scene does have good documentation?
    You have several projects that show you how to setup project to have universal elf that can run anywhere, where HBL can run. You have dynamic libs that give you access to most of nintendo's libraries (and there is that leaked sdk that documens all the libraries). You have examples of patching titles if you want to make some cool homebrew that patches other titles. And you have examples of usage GX2/AX2. What else do you need?

8. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    Just make your own and stop posting shit on GBATemp ;)

Deal with it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Where's AX examples ? :O

9. andriy921

Dec 1, 2015
    Honestly, hthe only advantage that iosu has compared to espresso is better piracy. Tell me things that we can not do right now.

loadiine/hbl both use ax

10. NexoCube

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    UHS, MCP and many mores... (I hope you can understand what i mean by UHS and MCP)

There's no examples on how to use it, these homebrew have been with dimok's lib (c++) it's not confortable at all to learn from these...

11. QuarkTheAwesome

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Link! (grabs popcorn)

As for examples, you're completely right that there's more than enough for me (if I were developing with a kernel exploit, anyway) but for someone who's new to all this? I'm not so sure.
    (Also IMHO all the GX2 stuff is incomprehensible, to me at least)

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  12. andriy921

Dec 1, 2015
    As well as crypto and other. But why would you need this for homebrew apps?
    We don't need to document nintendo libs, there are tons of them. And how this will be changed by IOSU release? you still wouldn't know how to use them.
    In any case if you're really interested in AX or any other libs, there is documentation and examples in the leaked SDK and it can easily run on top of dynamic libs with simple adjustments.

That is cool and everything, but you can do really cool homebrew right now. You have almost full (or full?) mem2 ram access and have access to most of nintendo libs. The only thing that is missing right now is access to UHS, but you only REALLY need it if you want to run dumps from it/want to attach some cool devices. For everything else SD card is more then enough.

13. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Nintendo "NX" confirmed for March 2017 release = Wii U Hacking devs are going to (hopefully) decide release the 'private' IOSU and Kernel exploit!~

Pib and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  14. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    IOSU will unlock homebrew in ways we can't right now.

proflayton123 likes this.
  15. andriy921

Dec 1, 2015
    So which ways are those?

16. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本

Many, many ways.

upload_2016-4-27_12-14-41.png Wow the numbers are sprouting, people this isn't a release thread :ha:

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  17. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Pretty sure I read @brienj was having sound issues which cannot be resolved without elevated permissions?

What about dynarec? Can't that be done currently for emulation?

I could be wrong.

18. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Overrall, system stability and minor improvements fixed.

19. andriy921

Dec 1, 2015
    Is he on 5.5.x userland? That would explain his problems.

20. NexoCube

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    GX2 is fucking crazy uh, just take a look at the src/demo folder, there's some nice examples

QuarkTheAwesome likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.