Hacking Getting bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat man. I own all the games I want for Wii U and I'm more interested in cool homebrews, emulators and being able to launch the games from a loader instead of swamping the disc everytime. I think we're a minority though.
But shinyquagsire says you have to re buy all your physical games as digital files at full price to do that!

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like cheating in games online. And thanks to nintendo's inability to properly ban you it is the easiest console to get your id back online.
I mean with xbox 360 you have to procure someone else's KV file (steal it), spoof it on your console, then most times use new id.
Such a pain in the ass.
I really don't know why all you ppl keep complaining. You do realize if more of you would put forth an effort in learning programming as a hobby you would in the end find that way more rewarding then using the homebrew itself.
I do love how "IOSU" is put on a pedestal like it's the golden goose. Still find it funny it is called "IOSU" instead of its proper name. (probably why nintendo isn't worried about the lingering websploit or unreleased kernel exploit)
Funny thing is if ppl would figure out how to show an app as already open you wouldn't even need "IOSU"..(lol) it would already have passed security checks as far as security goes. Works like hot swapping a disc. Let the legit app run through security cease legit app and trigger ill formed app.
So long as security check passes as good on other app there is no need to re run check again. As far as in game goes you point it back at the good app at random checks.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like cheating in games online. And thanks to nintendo's inability to properly ban you it is the easiest console to get your id back online.
I mean with xbox 360 you have to procure someone else's KV file (steal it), spoof it on your console, then most times use new id.
Such a pain in the ass.
I really don't know why all you ppl keep complaining. You do realize if more of you would put forth an effort in learning programming as a hobby you would in the end find that way more rewarding then using the homebrew itself.
I do love how "IOSU" is put on a pedestal like it's the golden goose. Still find it funny it is called "IOSU" instead of its proper name. (probably why nintendo isn't worried about the lingering websploit or unreleased kernel exploit)
Funny thing is if ppl would figure out how to show an app as already open you wouldn't even need "IOSU"..(lol) it would already have passed security checks as far as security goes. Works like hot swapping a disc. Let the legit app run through security cease legit app and trigger ill formed app.
So long as security check passes as good on other app there is no need to re run check again. As far as in game goes you point it back at the good app at random checks.
I am learning how to code .. I'm decent with C# now and I made an IOS game .. but console hacking is another ball game and I think it would probably take a year for me to learn the ropes.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, really. Talking like anyone can just magically start programming and especially in asm/c is a complete bs.

davetheshrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Boy, you have more than 70 wiiu games
You should definitely have a lot of money

Go and get yourself a lower FW console it's just the same price as 5 games lol
the first party titles were expensive, some of them anyway, mostly I buy used games, for £30 a week I can get 2 maybe 3 games if Im lucky, you dont need to be rich to collect. I think when I said I have my wii u still in warranty explains why I dont want another. I ordered one a while ago ( replacement only) and despite the seller saying its on 5.3.2 it was on 5.5, plus it wouldnt have been of any use being kexploit is sd card only.

Last edited by davetheshrew,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first party titles were expensive, some of them anyway, mostly I buy used games, for £30 a week I can get 2 maybe 3 games if Im lucky, you dont need to be rich to collect. I think when I said I have my wii u still in warranty explains why I dont want another. I ordered one a while ago ( replacement only) and despite the seller saying its on 5.3.2 it was on 5.5, plus it wouldnt have been of any use being kexploit is sd card only.
If u buy used games u aint supoortin da devs!

davetheshrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive no idea why Im being pulled up for my buying habits when 99% of the dicks on here want piracy and nothing more.

Reactions: KiiWii

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolyes. You want the words right from Hykem's mouth?

Hykem said:
So, I've got good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I'm going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it's not a huge delay and it's definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I'm sure of that).
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I'm correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching "master" titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it's important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I'll release the exploit right away.
Post Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-694#post-5893883

- "I'll release it before February" with a "I'm sure of that" means the exploit is 100% completed.
- "I'll release the exploit right away" means it's 100% completed.

So lolyes, the exploit has been completed since January. The devs are just childish for hogging this exploit thus indirectly killing the very scene they want to thrive.

Last edited by FusionGamer,

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
lolyes. You want the words right from Hykem's mouth?

Ah you funny ;)

First : There's no percent for kernel/iosu exploit developing...
Second : He haven't finished it yet, they'll not release it since there is not a cold boot exploit (it means, at the wii u starts)

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NexoCube - WTF? Are you high? If he said he would release it right away, that means IT'S 100% COMPLETED! If it wasn't completed, how could you release it "right away"?!?!?!?
Yeah, got ya there.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@NexoCube - WTF? Are you high? If he said he would release it right away, that means IT'S 100% COMPLETED! If it wasn't completed, how could you release it "right away"?!?!?!?
Yeah, got ya there.

No you didn't, he told us that we can expect a release soon ! How an IOSU exploit can be 100% complete wtf are you talking about, you don't even know how it's made and if it is finished...

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
braindead entitled prick FusionGamer is at it again.I see. No one wants to listen to your shitspewing anymore.
We all know youre an idiot who updated to 5.5.1 when everyone said dont update ... After you did that you have been spewing shit all over this site constantly. You and your kind are the reason no one wants to release anything here.
Enough already...

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
braindead entitled prick FusionGamer is at it again.I see.
ALL I WANT TO DO IS USE HOMEBREW, DAMNIT! Wanting to use the end result doesn't make me a "braindead entitled prick". I'm tired of these child devs hogging their exploits and showing them off for attention. I'm not gonna make my own because I have other things to do.

We all know youre an idiot who updated to 5.5.1 when everyone said dont update
What? We updated because the teams stated that 5.5.x was safe and they kept reassuring us they would release an exploit for 5.5 users. They've been doing this since Mario Maker, which is when I updated to 5.5. (At the time, there wasn't a kernel exploit for 5.4)

After you did that you have been spewing shit all over this site constantly.
What? No I didn't. FYI: I only started getting pissed after Hykem had blatantly lied.

Oh, and FYI: If you don't like me posting, then use the magical ignore list. It exists for a reason, moron!

davetheshrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yay another thread turned into a hykem shitfest.

FYI he didnt lie, he fucked up by giving a potential release date, what he did do was document some amazing stuff on wiiubrew and also released keys into the wild. Did he fuck up, yes, did he lie about making IOSU, no.

Besides none of this will matter since kernel will be out this week, maybe, possibly...no iosu, but kernel will suffice.

Last edited by davetheshrew,
Reactions: Supster131
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night