getting boot.dat error

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wondering, is there a special way to format? I thought all that was needed was a normal windows fat32 format and drop the bot.dat file in place. I had a working sd that was ex-fat and I wanted to get it to fat 32. So I copied all my data off, formatted to fat 32 , and copied it all back on, Now I get the boot.dat error?

I have a spare sd that boots, took the boot dat off of it and put it on the new card but no dice. I formated back to exfat still no dice.

Last edited by ulao,

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess windows format just will not work, had to use a tool from the net (aome)..

Last edited by ulao,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wondering, is there a special way to format? I thought all that was needed was a normal windows fat32 format and drop the bot.dat file in place. I had a working sd that was ex-fat and I wanted to get it to fat 32. So I copied all my data off, formatted to fat 32 , and copied it all back on, Now I get the boot.dat error?

I have a spare sd that boots, took the boot dat off of it and put it on the new card but no dice. I formated back to exfat still no dice.
Did you check to see if the SD card is fake or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night