Was this helpful to you?

• Total voters

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the merged N3ds/O3ds guide and everything was going swimmingly until the very end.

Everything went wrong at Part 5 step 31 "Exploiting arm9" should be nearly instant, if you get stuck restart and try again
It froze the first time so I restarted the process. the exploiting arm9 flashed for a bit then left but nothing else happened after that
I waited on it and decided to turn it off and back on and I'm instantly in emunand. All my games are there. So im guessing it successfully turned my emuNAND.bin that I renamed to NAND into my sysNAND. But I'm not sure how I should continue from here, I couldn't set up Cakes and and FBI like the guide requires me to do.
I have no idea where I should go from here or from what step I should restart from can anyone help me out?

So I did some looking around in the system settings and confirmed a few things.
My emunand is somehow now my sysnand and that puts me on firmware 10.6 which is a real bummer so i probably have to downgrade again. arm9loaderhax did NOT install because taking out the sd card didn't cause any errors when turning on the console.

Last edited by skullpatch,

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I've been following the merged N3ds/O3ds guide and everything was going swimmingly until the very end.

Everything went wrong at Part 5 step 31 "Exploiting arm9" should be nearly instant, if you get stuck restart and try again
It froze the first time so I restarted the process. the exploiting arm9 flashed for a bit then left but nothing else happened after that
I waited on it and decided to turn it off and back on and I'm instantly in emunand. All my games are there. So im guessing it successfully turned my emuNAND.bin that I renamed to NAND into my sysNAND. But I'm not sure how I should continue from here, I couldn't set up Cakes and and FBI like the guide requires me to do.
I have no idea where I should go from here or from what step I should restart from can anyone help me out?

So I did some looking around in the system settings and confirmed a few things.
My emunand is somehow now my sysnand and that puts me on firmware 10.6 which is a real bummer so i probably have to downgrade again. arm9loaderhax did NOT install because taking out the sd card didn't cause any errors when turning on the console.
That is weird. Not sure why that happened...

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and downgraded again and created emuNAND. Before I attempt to restart the ENTIRE process again I would like to know if there is a way to flash my 9.2.0-20U Nand backup that I created earlier to my sysnand. Since I already have the OTP maybe I don't have to start from point 0.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and downgraded again and created emuNAND. Before I attempt to restart the ENTIRE process again I would like to know if there is a way to flash my 9.2.0-20U Nand backup that I created earlier to my sysnand. Since I already have the OTP maybe I don't have to start from point 0.

since you have your original 9.2 nand backup you could have just flashed that to your system with decrypt9 with a homebrew entry point instead of downgrading again.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but to answer your question, I don't see why you couldn't just restore your previous 9.2 backup and use that to skip some steps. but i personally would do everything from scratch to be safe lol.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What would you recommend using to compare the three dumped OTP.bin files?

Okay, I got this figured out, but I have another stupid question.

I can't seem to figure out how to use the cloud arm9loaderhax compiler. :/

Never mind again! It doesn't work with Firefox.

Last edited by regnad,

JCreazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions: does having menuhax affect the install of this? Also, does this wipe my current CFW? As in, do I need to install all my CIA files again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.