Getting a wii u in a week

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dmx001, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Dmx001
    OP

Dmx001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2016
    United States
    What should I look forward too and or do first. I still have my original wii with hbc and everything working with gc and wii backup loaders. Wondering if I could do the same with the wii u, not so much with the wii u games cause I could just buy the 3 good game on it but for the wii and gc things

2. jailminer

jailminer Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    As long as you have a entry point, such as smash lego batman twilight princess, you should be good for vwii. Also, the wii u doesn't have a native gamecube port sooo...

Also, things aren't as cool as with wii hacking though.

VinLark likes this.
  3. Dmx001
    OP

Dmx001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2016
    United States
    Ah well I guess I'll use it for smash 4 and mario maker. Seems like this system still has a long way to go before besting it's predecessor in hackability.... or at least for now.

4. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    The Wii U has a virtual Wii inside it meaning you can run Wii and Gamecube backups almost the same way you would on a regular Wii. 99% of the Homebrew you'd use through the Homebrew Channel works on the vWii so there's no issue there either. Honestly it's just as good as the old Wii end-user for hacking (especially since it outputs natively over HDMI) wise it's just some things take slightly longer to setup. Also with the Smash 4 GC adapter you can use GC Controllers with any GC game through Nintendont.

You can read more about it here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

5. Dmx001
    OP

Dmx001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2016
    United States
    Wait seriously it all works on this vwii thing awesome cause I was lacking a sensor bar for my wii so if the wii u didn't do it I'd have to buy a new one and carry both systems

king_leo likes this.
  6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Wii U should have come with a new sensor bar for the wii side of things.

The sensor bar is just infrared lights by the way. You can use two candles if you don't have one.

Last edited by Kafluke, Oct 19, 2016
    king_leo likes this.
  7. Dmx001
    OP

Dmx001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2016
    United States
    That's actually pretty cool thanks for the advice

king_leo likes this.