Getting a new flashcart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by W.I.C.K.E.D., Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011

Getting a new flashcart by W.I.C.K.E.D. at 8:23 AM (780 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

Member W.I.C.K.E.D. GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pretty simple. Upgraded from ds lite to a dsi xl. Used edge on lite and looking for a new cartridge to buy for the xl. All that matters to me is game compatability. All the bells and whistles are nice, but not necessity. Any suggestions friends?

Edit- currently reading stickied thread, but don't know how up to date that is.

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Ak2i or DS2.

3. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
    Which is better in that case in regards to updates in firmware(how frequent, reliability in new firmware, and in relation to newest games?) Noticed the price difference so weighing which would be more appropriate for me vs price.

Edit- purchased a r4i gold something or other from r4i-gold.eu, knowing I shouldn't of.....and just as I expected there are games that won't boot entirely, freeze during load, etc.

4. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Ak2i - Cheap and can't really do anything aside from playing games, which it does well
    DS2 - Ultimate cart.

5. samethernet

Member samethernet GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've experienced the EZflash VI, pretty good in compatability for games and its got good defense against dsi firmware updates

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    DSTwo has Clean Mode that can run new games without updates.

AKAIO has AAP, which is new generic patching and like halfway does the job of Clean Mode.

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    The AK2i is good if you want to simply play all the latest DS Games.It costs $15, has a custom firmware akAIO with APP and great support.It requires a DS/DSL to be flashed for DSi 1.4+
    The SCDS2 is more expensive at $35 but offers extra features like Clean Mode, IN Game Menu, SNES Emulation, GBA emulation, Movie Playback without converting and can be flashed without another DS.However the Ak2i can run custom GUIs like DSision, DScovered, menuDO, moonshell 2 etc. but the DSTWO EOS is pretty hawt

8. Chubbo1793

Newcomer Chubbo1793 Advanced Member

United States
    DS2 would be the best choice. With all the features it has, it's definately worth the money.

9. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
    Ordered the supercard dstwo last night. Hopefully it works as well as you all have informed. I have seen that it kills the battery a little quicker, but my ds lite used to last forever so hopefully the xl will as well and that won't be much of an issue. Thanks for the feedback guys and gals.....I love you all! lol