Getting a new flashcart. Which one should I get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jaems, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2011
  1. Jaems
    OP

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I used to have an M3 Real, which I loved to death and used nearly everyday.
    But my girlfriend's birthday came around the bend, and as a last-minute gift, I gave her my M3 Real and a DS.

For the past year I haven't played any DS, cuz I've been busy with school and shit.
    But I wanna get another flashcart to catch up with games I never beat.

I'm looking for something with high compatibility for newer games, nice UI, and relatively cheap.
    I have a DS Lite, btw.

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Acekard 2i will probably suit you well.
    AKAIO firmware 1.8.6a is highly compatible, it has a nice UI and there are plenty of skins for it on filetrip.net or ndsthemes.com.
    It's affordable at around $16-20 for the unit itself, depending where you shop.

Although there's the cheaper Acekard 2.1 available, which as far as you're concerned work just fine on a DS Lite, the 2i comes pre-flashed to work on DSi and 3DS these days and are of a better build quality than they used to be.

3. ShadowFyre

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Mm Wood R4 will get the job done just fine. Cheaper than acekard, and constantly updated (Well. Updates are gonna slow down due to the lack of good games the DS will get in the future) by YWG.

4. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.