Getting a hackable Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sonic2756, Sep 24, 2015.

1. sonic2756
    OP

sonic2756 Friendly Neighborhood Wolf

Feb 3, 2010
    United States
    Denver, CO
    So I was debating holding off on getting a hackable wii u for a bit, but it seems the 5.5 exploit is quite a ways away.

What Wii U bundles usually come on low firmwares? Also, will I be able to move my NNID from my 5.5 wii u to my 5.3.2 one?

2. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    I think all new bundles should come with the lower firmware. People also claim that most refurbished ones do as well.

I never got an answer about the NNID, but I'm thinking no. Maybe if the 5.3.2 console is spoofed... But I still don't know.

3. lamentofking

lamentofking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm bumping this because I too am looking for a more "backed up" answer if you will. What Ericzander makes sense but can anyone verify? There are several Wii U bundles and I'd like to know which ones have a better chance of having 5.3.2 and below before buying. I'd guess off the top of my head the basic white 8 GB and the 32 GB Deluxe Black since it looks like Nintendo isn't promoting those launch bundles anymore.

4. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    I bought a Wind Waker bundle from the UK Nintendo online store a few days ago and it came with 3.0.1 which I updated to 5.3.2. It's a very old bundle so pretty much guaranteed to have an old version.

5. aljpn91

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015