Getting a hackable Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sonic2756, Sep 24, 2015.

1. sonic2756
    OP

sonic2756 Friendly Neighborhood Wolf

Feb 3, 2010
    United States
    Denver, CO
    So I was debating holding off on getting a hackable wii u for a bit, but it seems the 5.5 exploit is quite a ways away.

What Wii U bundles usually come on low firmwares? Also, will I be able to move my NNID from my 5.5 wii u to my 5.3.2 one?

2. Ericzander

Ericzander My yellow name hax wore off!

Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    I think all new bundles should come with the lower firmware. People also claim that most refurbished ones do as well.

I never got an answer about the NNID, but I'm thinking no. Maybe if the 5.3.2 console is spoofed... But I still don't know.

3. lamentofking

lamentofking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm bumping this because I too am looking for a more "backed up" answer if you will. What Ericzander makes sense but can anyone verify? There are several Wii U bundles and I'd like to know which ones have a better chance of having 5.3.2 and below before buying. I'd guess off the top of my head the basic white 8 GB and the 32 GB Deluxe Black since it looks like Nintendo isn't promoting those launch bundles anymore.

4. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    I bought a Wind Waker bundle from the UK Nintendo online store a few days ago and it came with 3.0.1 which I updated to 5.3.2. It's a very old bundle so pretty much guaranteed to have an old version.

5. aljpn91

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice