Hacking Getting a ds and hopefully some "carts"

Swift Finch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only I dunno what "carts" to get. I'm coming off of the wii homebrew scene, which is an extremely easy field in my opinion. This seems a bit more difficult in specifics.

What is the best booting and storing method? Feel free to tell me some other useful information that I likely won't know.

EDIT: Well, some research says that acekard is the best choice, at least for me. My only beef is that it can't play gba games without a separate expansion. Unless I'm missing something, of course...

Purses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play GBA roms on the DS at all you need an expansion no matter what, no slot1 card will change that. To get a better feel for the cartridges and DS 'hacking' in general, check out the wiki.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save yourself some time and headaches, and get the following:

1. Cyclo DS Evolution - to run all you DS stuff
2. EZ 3 in 1 - for all your GBA games

In my opinion, these are the 2 best options for gaming/homebrew on your DS. And the beauty is, they work wonderfully together. Now the Cyclo is going to cost you a few extra bucks, but take it from someone who knows (I've used 6 different flashcarts in the past 2 years), you will be much happier in the long run. Enjoy!

Swift Finch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that is unfortunate for GBA games. I have a few actual carts that I can play in the meantime anyway, so I'll just wait for now.

But as far as the slot1 cart goes, I'm really leaning more towards the acekard. The CycloDS has some decent features, but overall I don't think it's worth the extra cash. The slowdown and real-time saving seem useful, but I'm not too much of a cheater. Difficulty's good for the brain, you know?

frown.gif
Sorry to reject your suggestions SleepingDragon, but I do appreciate them.

What would be the best vendors? Acekard lists of a bunch of resellers, but saving time and effort is always nice.

Sui77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CycloDS Evolution, and an oldschool DS(the grey, original, brick model). Will the EZ 3in1 work with my DS? Or will it only work with the lite?

Purses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good place to get an acekard for cheap is at dealextreme.com or focalprice.com. They will run you about $12. The only downside is that it can take up to 3 weeks or so to ship from hongkong.

(focalprice ships a bit faster)

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swift Finch said:
Only I dunno what "carts" to get. I'm coming off of the wii homebrew scene, which is an extremely easy field in my opinion. This seems a bit more difficult in specifics.

you know, doing exactly the opposite right now, I thought it was the other way around
hate2.gif

Swift Finch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purses said:
A good place to get an acekard for cheap is at dealextreme.com or focalprice.com. They will run you about $12. The only downside is that it can take up to 3 weeks or so to ship from hongkong.

(focalprice ships a bit faster)

Ah, excellent. Thank you very much.

Also, just in case I have a change of heart and decide to go with the cyclods (maybe with the black friday sales or something), what are the best vendors for that?

Swift Finch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great stuff, thanks again. ^^

EDIT: With a card it adds up fairly high, stuffs4kids has it at almost $55. I am fairly cheap, so is there a lower price?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Not really, RHS's $46 is the lowest I've ever seen a Cyclo, excepting for a brief period on DealExtreme, when they were listed at $35 or so before Team Cyclops contacted them and told them they would not be shipping Cyclos if they intended to sell them at such a low price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....