Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Just got SSB:B and i burnt 2 copies, 1 patched with brickblocker and 1 left alone. Turned on the region overider in the 1.3 setup and inserted the unpatched disc and let the wii update till 15% (till the bar reached 'w' under 'power') then unplugged it.

When i try to play the game, the wii menu screen loads the game, but then 2 seconds later, the error comes out "Error #001. unauthorized device has been detected". Futhermore, in spite of desperation, i let the update complete 100%, so now i have dupe channels, and i still have the same error: "Error #001. unauthorized device has been detected

I googled the problem and it seems that i need to update the wiikey firmware to 1.9g, the thing is... its already at 1.9g, ive been playing Super Mario Galaxy on and off for the past month or so.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated immensely, thank you.

Specs:
Wii: 3.1E
Wiikey: 1.9g

EDIT:Â would i have the same error with the DVD9 copy as well? im in the process of downloading it now, ill keep it updated!
Did you use DVD - R or +R?

DVD - R seems to give error 001....

PhenX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
don't know if it helps.. but some people reported that flashing the wiikey AGAIN with 1.9g helped.. while others said it doesn't help at all... i think it's at least worth a try.

and again my question is:

what media (exact name / disc id) was used by the people who can play using only the dvd9 version?
(i have to start with dvd9 brickblocked -> green error text -> insert dvd5 -> watch or skip intro -> insert dvd9 again -> play)

suppose it could be bad media quality causing this green "disc read error"

(plextor 755a, 2.4x, verbatim dvd+r dl, imgburn, booktype dvd-rom)

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This guide still doesn't fix the white screen issue on D2CKey, Wiinja and WiiD D:

Well, it fixes it with Wiikey, I believe
biggrin.gif

Have you tried both options?

Kenney

Trophies
Website
www.kenney.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Burned DVD9 on DVD-R and tried on 3.1 with 1.9G Wiikey PAL and I get:

Error #001,
unauthorized device has been detected.

Going to flash 1.9G again now, see if it works.

EDIT:
Tried flashing again to 1.9g but still the same error. This sucks, that disc costed me $7
frown.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This guide still doesn't fix the white screen issue on D2CKey, Wiinja and WiiD D:

Well, it fixes it with Wiikey, I believe
biggrin.gif

Have you tried both options?

There's a reason why I did the 15% method you know. Besides that's not the problem - it doesn't work for anyone with those chips (as far as I know). A friend of a friend of mine claims he has it working on D2CKey but I don't believe him.

QUOTE(Redsquirrel @ Feb 6 2008, 04:39 PM)you guys are getting ripped off if you pay more than $3 for a DL disc.
Not everyone lives in the US you know. Mine cost about the same as his.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
New method for getting SSBB (J) to work on CycloWiz added on topic post
wink.gif

Edit:
Shane1972, no this is a Japanese release with Japanese as the only language - and do you really think this is the appropriate topic to ask that question?
biggrin.gif

TehLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JPH, I updated my post with exact details on what Verbatim they were, since I noticed a lot of people were buying the 2.4x Verbatims. I purchased the 8x Verbatim, so that may be another factor. But I did burn it at 4x speed.

A

alucard_xs

well, us wiinja deluxe owners are still waiting for a fix ... it still does not work ...

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, the first page needs to be updated. There is a new version of brick-blocker that works now with the DVD9 iso, and it's the preferred method to use, rather than wii-update-remover 1.0.

Please, note that, as "weird" as it may sound, 99% of all the problems some people are having with this game is that their burners/media combination don't produce DL disc that the wii likes.

It is VERY encouraged that you try at least two different brands of quality media on your burner. If it fails, try REALLY HARD to find another burner (from a friend or something) where you can make a copy of your DL disc, also in at least two different brands of media. I won't even go into trying different speeds, as only 2,4X (for old media/and-or/old burners) and 4X (for new media on new burners) are recommended. Given a choice between DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL, choose the later. They both work for some people, but most people with problems still not solved have only tried -R media.

After you tried all this, you may start to suspect something else wrong.

Please note that even the dumper of this game got it to play fine on you d2ckey, as has many other people.

Please note that, due to firmware design, all wiikey 1.9g wii's are running at 3X reading speed regardless of the configuration settings (it ignores them, unlike 1.9b firmware revision). At low reading speeds, the wii may have a bit easier time reading "bad" dvd9 burns. D2Ckey and other chips don't have this "limitation" and run at 6X reading speed. Better quality burns are necessary for those wii.

Please note that not all wii's are able to read discs as well. A marginal DL burn may work on one wii and may not work on others. Here are two articles describing how SOME wiis may have problems reading dual layer discs (while other don't).

IGN: Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

Nintendo blames this on "dirty lenses", but the truth is that the laser in some wii's is tuned a bit too low for reliable dual layer operation. Here is a link to an article about it from MONTHS AGO (this is not a "new" problem, it's just the first time a dual layer wii game's been released)

http://www.cyclopswiz.com/ (scroll down just a bit, to where it says "upgrade 3.5")

This is even worse on RECORDEABLE DL media, as it has MUCH lower reflectivity than pressed ORIGINAL media. To try to avoid problems also, Nintendo used for this game a top quality GOLD layer press disc, that has even higher reflectivity than the silver discs. The highest in the industry.

Lots of people had a #001 error when trying to run this game in DL with a wiikey. It was finally figured to be bad media for most of them. You can follow their progress in this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74432

Seems that the #001 error may be the wiikey "equivalent" to a blank screen.

So please, again, before you bang your head agains a wall, try to get hold of a different burner and try once more with good media. There is no one recommendation of what "good media is". The only one recognized as truly good is a Verbatim DVD+R DL that has written in the label 2.4x-6x (sometimes only says 2,4x on older stock) and that says made in singapore. Please note that if it says made in india is just as crappy as any other, so avoid. The Verbatim labeled 8X is a DIFFERENT media, but also known to be good in new burners, but not as good as the other. Again, given the choice, use +R instead of -R. Try brands like Sony, TDK, Kodak, Fuji and other japanese brands, like Taiyo Yuden, etc. Some people report good results with the taiwanese-made ridiscs. Lots of people with problems with brands like Imation, playo, princo ... But they do work well for some people and the other way around, so you have to try what your burner prefers.

For those that want to take a look at what those Verbatim it looks like, someone in another thread made wrote this link:

http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_(24x)_do..._r_(95166)_3718

They are sold in may different types of packaging, with different labels and different quantities, all having in common that the mention the 2,4x speed. The main problem being that they are often "mixed-up" with the made in India ones, which is ironic, because the singapores are about the best dual media ever produced and the india are well well below average, almost worthless.

You can see in the description from the store linked above that they are aware that only the ones made in singapore are the specific variation of the metal-azo formulation that has been known to give the best results across the largest number of burners at somewhat slow speeds (2.4x to 6x).

Also, as a general rule, burners older than about 2 years do a crappy job on dual layers, as do laptop burners older than about 1 year. There are exceptions, of course, specially on some Pioneers that did very good on DL. If you'd like to get a new burner, there are plenty for around $40 and virtually all modern ones do a decent job on DL recording. Some models by Pioneer (but not other models) and some Samsungs (but not all) have very favourable reviews.

PhenX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only one recognized as truly good is a Verbatim DVD+R DL that has written in the label 2.4x-6x and that says made in singapore. Please note that if it says made in india is just as crappy as any other, so avoid. The Verbatim labeled 8X is a DIFFERENT media, but also known to be good in new burners, but not as good as the other. Again, given the choice, use +R instead of -R. Try brands like Sony, TDK, Kodak, Fuji, etc

Thanks for that post!

I burned my image on a 2.4x Verbatim.... made in INDIA
frown.gif
So now I'm trying to get some made in SINGAPORE, perhaps that will help.

Any recommendations where to buy? I live in Germany. The INDIA discs were from "Saturn". Any german here who knows where to buy the SINGAPORE ones?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
lol so pretty much DVD 5 = 4ish DVD9 = 8ish?
and will i need dual layer DVDs eventhough its only 4gbish?

The DVD5 version is a nuked release, and not all the data is there, which is why you can't play area's like the subspace emmisary. The full DVD9 is about 8GB, and I don't think there is any garbage there, just a ton of movies!

Ficus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also, the first page needs to be updated. There is a new version of brick-blocker that works now with the DVD9 iso, and it's the preferred method to use, rather than wii-update-remover 1.0.
[...]

i think this post should be put in the thread start too.
so is it better to use wiibrick blocker 1.3R2 from http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=download&ln=en rather than wii update remover? still, it doesn't mess up with regionfrii and there isn't a preferred way to patch first the iso with brickblocker/regionfrii and after with regionfrii/brickblocker?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.