"Get on 3.0.0 - Stay on 3.0.0"

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by TiMeBoMb4u2, Dec 29, 2017.

1. delete12345

delete12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 27, 2010
    United States
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Let them be anyway. You can't change the fact it's now happening, and it's inevitable anyway, especially when hackable PS Vita is also having the same issue right now.

2. hexcode99

hexcode99 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2013
    United States
    Did 2.0.0 really fix a lot of the entry bugs in 1.0.0?
    I only updated because everyone said get on 2.0.0 to access browser and get the SDXC memory card update.

3. sharkie545

sharkie545 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    I did the exact same, its only came out of the box to do that. - so annoyed. theres to many people saying update to 2.0, update to 3.0, and in the midst is stay on 1.0. Should have just kept it in the box.

4. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    Same here, wished I stayed on 1.00, yet going to stay on 2.00 for now (have pokken ready for 3.00 when needed)

5. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Who is saying stay on 1.0.0 besides people who don't know shit? What bugs exist in 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 which are absent in 3.0.0 and are useful to the end user? Is there any credible information that 1.0.0 has an advantage over 3.0.0 (for the end use)? I suppose that it could command a higher resale price.

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  6. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Well, SciresM, the admin of the Reswitched team who took over from Daeken has always said to stay on 1.0.0 and he knows ‘quite’ a lot.

7. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    I'll wait for team xecuter modchip which will release in a couple of months

mech likes this.
  8. kitzuki

kitzuki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    United States
  9. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    Yet a different dev all told us to get onto 3.0 not so long ago and some of us did based on that, for Rohan I believe

10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Antarctica
    LOL these posts saying do this.... dont do this...... head spinning!

11. Serpentarius

Serpentarius Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    Canada
    From what plutoo was saying in the 34C3 panel, the PID vulnerability that defaults no PID to 0 is specific to 3.0.0, and was fixed in 3.0.1. He was asked what the differences between the earlier versions and 3.0 were, but did not address that part of the question.
    I think it has to do with that the webkit in 3.0 is easier to open and exploit than in previous versions. As he showed, you could only open Webkit using Puyo Puyo Tetris in 1.0, but there are other ways to more easily open it in 3.0.

12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    "forget about 3.0.0"
    "wait for team X"

:creep:

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jan 5, 2018
  13. LukeHasAWii

LukeHasAWii GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Iowa
    The best solution is to buy a switch on 1.0, another one on 2.0, and another one on 3.0. You're bound to get new hacks and stuff sometime soon, then just sell the other 2. Budget-wise, wouldn't it just make sense to update and use the modchip 'thing' when it comes out? It's probably only going to be <$100.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    No one should have to spend $900 on three consoles just to get hacks, it trivializes homebrew.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice