Homebrew Genplus GX 1.7.0

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
i tried it and it seems the wii dvd drive led is glowing when the game initializes itself so i would guess sega cd is supported but i didn't figure how to activate the enhanced soundtrack :-/

iso file can legally be downloaded from official website : http://www.piersolar.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1541&f=28

i tried to load it once the game is running but it resets and shows the sega cd boot, game does not start

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tried it and it seems the wii dvd drive led is glowing when the game initializes itself so i would guess sega cd is supported but i didn't figure how to activate the enhanced soundtrack :-/

iso file can legally be downloaded from official website : http://www.piersolar...php?t=1541&f=28

i tried to load it once the game is running but it resets and shows the sega cd boot, game does not start

Rename the ISO with the same name as the ROM. Put them at the same folder/location. Load the ROM. Profit.

Reactions: 1 person

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Awesome, it worked, thank you.

And actually i found another way to get it working without having to rename or move files: on title screen, go to options, select the one which is about detecting the CD. When the game asks you to insert the CD, return to emulator menu, load the iso file and this time it will return to the game without resetting (!). Press the button the game is asking you to start disc recognition, then enhanced soundrack is automatically started.

Your way is simpler off course, but i think it was worth mentionning it worked this way too, got my head scratching on that a few hours before noticing the option menu.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry if it's a kinda noob questions but I've always wondered how we get to set the cart image for each game that appears next to the game list. Anyone know about that?

In genplus/snaps/md for Mega Drive games, in genplus/snaps/ms for Master System and so on. Make sure that the name of the rom is the exact same as the pic, in order for it to display properly (minus the .png of course).

Note: FYI, maybe it's just me but i have the images folder in my SD, even when my roms are in HDD, else they won't diplay the pics, if you ran into the same problem, try putting the pics in the SD too.

Great update btw, 32X is the only thing missing now, i hope it's possible, i'd love me some Virtua Racing and Kolibri.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yes, why shouldn't it, aren't they supposed to be used on emulators ?

I had no problems with the few ones i have tried (sonic megamix bin or iso versions, the one with big fat sonic eating rings and a few other i don't remember because they were not really interesting).

Although, i remember reading in the user manual that some hacks, which do not work on a real Genesis, would require you to change some default options in the emulator. I cannot remember which one exactly and cannot check right now but you should be able to find it easily in the manual.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change these settings in System Settings in Genplus Gx (Current version). System Lockups: Off and 68k Address Error: Off if you want to play some Sonic Hacks.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i'm having some trouble with cheats for one game it's for this

http://www.gamegenie.com/cheats/gamegenie/genesis/tmnt_sonte_heist.html

RFWA-C6VA + 9VWA-DGKC + Player 1 starts with 10 lives
BFWA-CABE

i tried entering that code through the cheat option but it won't let me... and when i reset the system it gives a red screen... so i'm wondering if it's the code or you can't add + codes or something like that. also great work with the sega cd games btw.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love this emulator like I love the original systems... I don't have words to thank eke-eke enough

Noticed if I load sonic cd and leave it, every 3-4 mins there is a long pause before title screen is displayed, maybe something that can be reproduced.

Such an emulator. Please keep going.. :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great, great job on this wonderful emu!
Just wanted to know it's common to have sound buzzing intervals playing sega cd games.
This is the only problem I have with this emu at this point.
Most noticable in Sonic cd.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Great, great job on this wonderful emu!
Just wanted to know it's common to have sound buzzing intervals playing sega cd games.
This is the only problem I have with this emu at this point.
Most noticable in Sonic cd.

I think it is caused by inconsistent HDD reading speed.
Basically if your HDD is not able to continuously read from bin or wav files at the same regular speed, it will sometime lock the emulator for a few sec when reading the data. It' s not noticeable when loading files normally but since emulators generally need finer synchronization ( one frame is a few ms), if the device takes 100ms to do something it usually does in 10ms, it will screw everything.
If the Wii had an internal IDE hard drive like the xbox, there wouldn't probably have been such problem.
Or maybe using SDCARD will work better.

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Sonic CD to play any music. I've converted all the mp3s to wave files, AND I've made a cue of the waves plus the iso, and names it the same name as the iso file.

Does it not support audio tracks yet?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sonic CD plays fine for me too, although i must say that i much prefer to play the game via Sonic Gems Collection on GC. The quality of videos in that version is superior to the original

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I can't get Sonic CD to play any music. I've converted all the mp3s to wave files, AND I've made a cue of the waves plus the iso, and names it the same name as the iso file.

Does it not support audio tracks yet?

it does
mp3 files must be converted to 44.1khz stereo wav files, otherwise it won't work (first mistake I made when converting my iso+mp3)
cue file is not needed if wav files are named correctly ("Sonic.iso" "Sonic 02.wav", "Sonic 03.wav"etc...)
if you use a cue file, make sure it is valid and points to the correct filenames
you can tell if the audio tracks were properly detected by entering the CD player on startup and listen to the tracks individually

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?