Homebrew Genplus GX 1.7.0

ngelDiezFernndez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
9esferas.es
XP
Country
Nice one. I'm loving the Game Gear stereo support, its a shame that only a very few games support it (GG Aleste stereo effects are so cool).

I made a video of 1.7.1.

Dont know what Genesis dumps are unreleased so i tried Pier Solar xD.

Keep it up eke-eke, you rock.

Reactions: 1 person

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but I'm wondering, what do I need to run Sonic CD?
1 bin file + 1 cue file, or 1 cue file and an array of bin files?
I'm trying to make it work and have no clue. I have the .iso, do I need to convert it to BIN or something?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
From the excellent readme:

Sega / Mega CD audio track support

• When using ISO image files, WAV files should be provided as AUDIO track files. You can
either load a CUE file pointing to a specific ISO file and containing all the needed information
about AUDIO tracks files or directly load the ISO file. In the latter case, the emulator will first
look for a .CUE file with the same base name, then if no CUE file is found, it will
automatically look for .WAV files respecting one of the following naming format (“XXX” being
the .ISO filename and NN being the track number): “XXXNN.wav”, “XXX NN.wav”, “XXX-
NN.wav”, “XXX – NN.wav” or “XXX_NN.wav”. Please note that compressed audio files
(such as .mp3, .mpc, .wma, .ogg, etc) are NOT supported.

• When using BIN images files, audio tracks are generally stored within the image file. A CUE
file is therefore required with all the needed information about audio tracks location. You can
either load the CUE file pointing to the specific BIN file or directly load the .BIN file. In the
latter case, the emulator will automatically look for a CUE file with the same base name as
the BIN file.
It's incredibly thorough, and it even has pictures. You guys'd love it.

In that case, I could always convert the MP3 files into Wav using Foobar2000.
You could, but it's still going to sound crappy compared to the original.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
From the excellent readme:

Sega / Mega CD audio track support

• When using ISO image files, WAV files should be provided as AUDIO track files. You can
either load a CUE file pointing to a specific ISO file and containing all the needed information
about AUDIO tracks files or directly load the ISO file. In the latter case, the emulator will first
look for a .CUE file with the same base name, then if no CUE file is found, it will
automatically look for .WAV files respecting one of the following naming format ("XXX" being
the .ISO filename and NN being the track number): "XXXNN.wav", "XXX NN.wav", "XXX-
NN.wav", "XXX – NN.wav" or "XXX_NN.wav". Please note that compressed audio files
(such as .mp3, .mpc, .wma, .ogg, etc) are NOT supported.

• When using BIN images files, audio tracks are generally stored within the image file. A CUE
file is therefore required with all the needed information about audio tracks location. You can
either load the CUE file pointing to the specific BIN file or directly load the .BIN file. In the
latter case, the emulator will automatically look for a CUE file with the same base name as
the BIN file.
It's incredibly thorough, and it even has pictures. You guys'd love it.

Sorry I hate PDF because the white background burns my EYES!

I wanted to run BIN if you noticed because... (keep reading):

I managed to load Sonic CD, hurray!! I did it through the .iso and it is barely playable. Anyways thanks for the continuous improvements on the emulator.

Edit: After some more eye burning there is a chance that the speed issue could be USB2 requiring IOS58 (I was loading through USB). I hope all this IOS58 madness is over, or I should buy a 32Gb SD

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Well, all you needed to know was in the text Vague Rant quoted to you so you don't need to "hurt your eyes" (really dude ? that was probably the worst excuse ever for not reading a README, especially one of this quality). BIN+CUE or ISO+WAV, with proper names for WAV files, it's not complicated and is similar to every existing Sega CD emulators from the last five years...

Personally, I have no speed issues, all CD games I've tried were running fullspeed with audio, which is nice :-)
Sonic CD always had notorious slowdowns on Sega CD, so it's probably not an issue from the emulator.

If that matter, I am using an external HDD and IOS58 is HBC's default so yes, I guess it is required because USB2 only works with IOS58 in emulators and USB1 is MUCH slower than USB2 or even SD.
Since the game is basically continuously reading from the files on HDD (I can say from the HDD led blinking), slow access is definitively going to ruin the emulation speed. Maybe disc partionning can help as well, I don't know

Reactions: 1 person

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I was loading ISO+CUE no mp3, wav or anything. It was slow, but I HAD to read the PDF (if you think eye burning is not a literal reason then you are mistaken) to find out that it requires IOS58 (OPPOSED to good old ios202 for USB2, if you were wondering I didn't have USB2 support)

I'll more likely buy a bigger SD to avoid the IOS58 thing.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
what's wrong with IOS58 ?
It's an official IOS that got automatically installed with latest system menu, why would it be more painful to install it than having to use a custom installer (which maybe do not even work on all Wiis) to install an outdated cIOS ?
Why should apps that rely on libogc bother to add extra code to support USB2 through cIOS when all is already supported in libogc through IOS58 ?
That's non-sense...

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Benchmarks have shown that it does give better performance in addition to properly supporting hot-plugging, use of both ports, hubs and much greater compatibility.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over...