Homebrew Genesis Plus 1.4 RELEASED

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
smashdude said:
I hope it can play DreamCast games. Can't get off Hydro Thunder.

It's a Genesis emulator. It emulates the Genesis.
If you want to play Dreamcast games at the moment you need a Dreamcast. You could try the "Dreamu" emulator for Wii, but you'll need to wait a bit for that since it doesn't exist.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
I download it, but it has bug which doesn't allow you store your settings =(

He's reuplaoded it to wiibrew and googlecode with that fixed now (although the version number is the same).... so just re-download it.
smile.gif

Nice to see an official release at last. Its been a long time coming and the number of imporvments are huge to the previous version. Good work ekeke!
smile.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
MrTea said:
OriginalHamster said:
I download it, but it has bug which doesn't allow you store your settings =(

He's reuplaoded it to wiibrew and googlecode with that fixed now (although the version number is the same).... so just re-download it.
smile.gif

Nice to see an official release at last. Its been a long time coming and the number of imporvments are huge to the previous version. Good work ekeke!
smile.gif
Oh, will check it out, thanks =)

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
And when is this Dreamu emulator supposed to be released?

When it is done....

Why don't you go find that thread posted a few weeks back about that project instead of spamming this one about an unrelated emulator?

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
smashdude said:
And when is this Dreamu emulator supposed to be released?

I told you, it doesn't exist.
rolleyes.gif

A dreamcast emulator is in the works, called nulldce, but it will be ready when it's ready so don't think of bugging the developer.

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
I think most of us have been using versions with the new GUI for a while now. It is pretty nice.

Here's hoping eke can update the GUI of SMSplus now that this has been officially released

Good work!

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think it could be improved but the emulator is vastly improved. Especially in the audio department. Genesis actually sounds better then the original system on my 2.5 stereo setup! Nice eke-eke! wonder if sega CD and 32x will ever come to the scene? probably not,doesn't matter this genny emulator kicks ass! thank you!

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this to load off of a dvd. I put entire romsets for NES, SNES, and GB/GBC along with my genesis roms (the same files will work when loaded off fat32 usb or SD). All the nintendo roms load fine off the dvd in their respective emulators, but when I try to load the dvd in gen plus it gives me a directory error. The dvd is a cheap dvd-r and its burned as iso9660/joilet. Anyone have a solution?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Crass said:
I can't get this to load off of a dvd. I put entire romsets for NES, SNES, and GB/GBC along with my genesis roms (the same files will work when loaded off fat32 usb or SD). All the nintendo roms load fine off the dvd in their respective emulators, but when I try to load the dvd in gen plus it gives me a directory error. The dvd is a cheap dvd-r and its burned as iso9660/joilet. Anyone have a solution?

Works fine for me.
Does your meta.xml (in /apps/genplus) has the no_ios_reload string ? It is required for DVD to work in homebrew.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Crass said:

Works fine for me.
Does your meta.xml (in /apps/genplus) has the ? It is required for DVD to work in homebrew.

Yes it has the no_ios_reload string, and I am loading it through the latest HBC using base ios 58. I uninstalled dvdx a few months ago, as I thought homebrew did not use it anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended