Homebrew Genesis Plus 1.4 RELEASED

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
what I find in all megadrive games is a somewhat strange artifact, you can see this in the SEGA logo introduction in Sonic 1 for example, its like filaments instead of clean pixels, but I think this was also in the original system as well. Also is it very difficult to make old savestates run with newer versions? Its really pity and the only thing that refrains me to updating.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
looking good all working forwarders still work etc
yaywii.gif

??? Not all, I get a black screen... on my exsisting forwarder. Beta release was fine.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Dogway said:
what I find in all megadrive games is a somewhat strange artifact, you can see this in the SEGA logo introduction in Sonic 1 for example, its like filaments instead of clean pixels, but I think this was also in the original system as well.

don't happen to me at all, I'm using ORIGINAL mode with a CRT + composite video and pixels look clean. You should check your video settings and installation.

QUOTEAlso is it very difficult to make old savestates run with newer versions? Its really pity and the only thing that refrains me to updating.

I think it's impossible, save states are bound to the internal structure of an emulator and if it changes (adding vital or removing unneeded informations for example), old versions become incompatible, that's quite logical. This happened every time to me with PC emulators when they were in active development. It seems the code of genplusgx has been massively modified since the last release (just look at the huge changelog) so I bet making old savestates work as before is impossible, better use SRAM when it's possible to save in the older version then use the SRAM file with the new version (I'm sure those remain compatible, I have always used beta compiled version and my shining force 2 game has still been running fine from where I left)

D

Deleted User

fainally an update i knew it was gonna happen but not this year ahaha thanks to "EkeEke" woooo!!!!

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant get this emu to access my HDD, it's fat 32, and the roms are in /gensplus/roms/
but it get a error saying can't open directory.

Retroplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
Cant get this emu to access my HDD, it's fat 32, and the roms are in /gensplus/roms/
but it get a error saying can't open directory.

I have the exact same problem.
IOS58 is installed and I have no problems loading games from USB with FCE Ultra GX 3.2.3, Snes9x GX 4.2.5 or VBA GX 2.2.2.
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 also loads everything just fine from USB using IOS58.

I have tried deleting SD:\genplus and removed SD card in the hope it would create a fresh genplus config directory on USB:\genplus.. nada nothing.
It just won't work.
blink.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
From what i've read on wiibrew forum, if you load the app from usb in hbc, the usb device might fail to mount when the application starts (because it was not powered off correctly by hbc).

The solution is apparently to load the app from SD instead, or remove the line in the meta.xml file. It seems this HBC feature is not 100% stable as most of the issues with homebrew are side effects of the HBC not reloading IOS when launching apps.

Retroplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aaah, well I did configure everything to run from USB:\apps in the Homebrew Channel.
I guess that explains it.

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

[edit]
Jacobeian you're my hero.
Removing fixed it. THANK YOU !!

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
From what i've read on wiibrew forum, if you load the app from usb in hbc, the usb device might fail to mount when the application starts (because it was not powered off correctly by hbc).

The solution is apparently to load the app from SD instead, or remove the line in the meta.xml file. It seems this HBC feature is not 100% stable as most of the issues with homebrew are side effects of the HBC not reloading IOS when launching apps.

I've been having the HDD problem, but this has made no difference at all. Either with removed, or with loading from SD, it still won't find my roms on my HDD...

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
O.K. removing sorted the problem for me, so my next problem is getting it to save my save's and screen snapshots to the HDD rather than the SD card.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
chop said:
Retroplay said:
I removed SD card from Wii and it automatically created a new save folder on HDD.

Yeah but the minute I put my SD card back in, it goes right back to using it again.

you must start the emulator with no SD inserted, so it picks USB as default device. If SD is found, default FAT device is always SD, this is how libfat works

as far as I tested, the emulator does not support hot-swapping: removing or reinserting SD/USB while the application is running is going to cause issues, like you can't save or load anymore on that device. It seems device are only mounted once, when the application starts.

I personally don't see any problem with using SD for saves/cheats/snapshots (if you have one inserted, it's there to be used, right ?), why do you absolutely want them to be saved on USB instead ?

My IOS's are quite up to date. I run games for a USB launcher, use WiiMC to play videos from my USB HDD (almost every single night in bed), and have SNES, NES & GBA emu's that all run fine from the USB loading roms from USB.

That does not answer the initial question: IOS58 is required for USB2 drives so check what IOS is running in HBC.
I think (not sure though) that HBC reloads the same IOS it is using when loading an app.
Those apps might automatically reload IOS58 if HBC loaded another one instead, while others just don't.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
I personally don't see any problem with using SD for saves/cheats/snapshots (if you have one inserted, it's there to be used, right ?), why do you absolutely want them to be saved on USB instead ?

Simply a question of space, I've got a 1TB USB drive that I'll never fill but only a 1GB SD card, I've got all my Homebrew apps (so the kids can't miss use them) and about 12 N64 vitual console games and 8 Wiiware games on there so space is a premium.

All my emulators with full rom-sets are on the HDD so for neatness' sake I'd like the associated files on there as well.

but if it can't be done, oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: