genesis games don't work right on DS lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by n3rds, Aug 17, 2009.

Aug 17, 2009
  1. n3rds
    OP

Newcomer n3rds Member

Canada
    I have a r4, and am using the latest version of jEnesisDS. I have an original DS and it just got a glass of water spilled on it, so I tried my R4 in my sister's DS lite. For some reason, when I play genesis games on the DS lite, it freezes every second or so. I think there are more problems when playing larger games.

Also, is there any chance of recovery for my water-damaged DS? Right now, it shuts off after a couple seconds whenever I try to play it.

2. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    1. jEnesisDS won't load really large games, If I do want to play a large game I use PicoDriveDS.

2. Well, Nintendo probably doesn't accept NDS anymore for repair, and it wouldn't even be in the warranty because that's considered an "accident". If they still accept them for repair, please tell me so. I want to know but my PC has problems on the Nintendo site.

3. n3rds
    OP

Newcomer n3rds Member

Canada
    nonono, my problem is ONLY with the ds lite. I'm confused because the same games that work PERFECTLY on my ds original freeze every couple seconds on the DS lite.

4. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Was the R4 in the DS when the water was spilt on it?

5. n3rds
    OP

Newcomer n3rds Member

Canada
    Yes it was, but fortunately both the R4 and the DS have miraculously made full recoveries.

I'm pretty sure the genesis problem existed even when I first got the R4.

When you guys play genesis games on your DSLs, do they run smoothly?