Hacking Generic Wii Patcher

dan8310x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is great
Works on NFS:Underground 1:1 copy. I patched the 001 & 002 errors.No other options were used.
Works on Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 1:1 copy. I patched the 002 error and set language to Jap.No other options were used.

I have an idea for future development, if interested? ;

If the SoftchipToy detects no folder of the GameID detected on the SD card, option to create?
If the SoftchipToy detects correct folder of the GameID detected on the SD card, automatically proceed - without user required to press a button.

In cases where bad patch and user needs to re-dump etc.. holding a button say B during load routine. Or even (and i personally like this one more), dont provide a function to hold a button. User can simply delete folder from SD card.

Thanks for this great tool, I see a future for this beut.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the Generic Patcher!
However, here's a little story about my quest to get a good working copy of NFS: Undercover.

I've ripped my original to a backup, because the original one was starting to give me trouble - freezing etc. - then I got an 002 error. So I fixed the error with the generic patcher and yes, it worked. However, the freezing had been quadrupled. Instead of every hour and a half, it happened every 20 minutes, and instead of just holding up the game, it crashed the game, giving me read errors.
After a lot of mumbo jumbo, and some help from WiiPower, I found out that there was a Gamma002fix_r2 thingy, which of course I downloaded and tried. Didn't seem to do much with my patched backup, but then the idea arose that maybe it was the DVD? Or something wrong with the patcher even, perhaps? So I fetched my first DVD, which had the 002 error, from the garbage, cleaned it thoroughly and I put it in, expecting my Wii to burst into flames any second after that. But it didn't, it worked great, way better than the patched version!

So, maybe, instead of the ISO fix, we just need a general loader fix to get everything working correctly again?
biggrin.gif

Anyway, again, thanks for the patcher! And the people responsible: Thanks for the Gamma002fix_r2
biggrin.gif
Now all I can do is wait until they made a channel out of it again
biggrin.gif

PimpPharaoh said:
so with this i can get SMG to work? it just removes the 001 error and thats it?

how would this help me with SSBB? with brawl what i get is the error that "Game disk cannot be read" (on a black screen after launching the game..got this with a few other games...DBZ BT3 and Naruto) this is after i update off the SSBB Disk

there's two things you could try:
-burn a better quality DVD-ROM using Nero...
-get Gamma002fix_r2 from somewhere - google it - and put it in your /apps/ folder, run it through HBC. With a 1:1 copy (update partition patched of course, but without the 002 patch) works great!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arendo said:
Thanks for the Generic Patcher!
However, here's a little story about my quest to get a good working copy of NFS: Undercover.

I've ripped my original to a backup, because the original one was starting to give me trouble - freezing etc. - then I got an 002 error. So I fixed the error with the generic patcher and yes, it worked. However, the freezing had been quadrupled. Instead of every hour and a half, it happened every 20 minutes, and instead of just holding up the game, it crashed the game, giving me read errors.
After a lot of mumbo jumbo, and some help from WiiPower, I found out that there was a Gamma002fix_r2 thingy, which of course I downloaded and tried. Didn't seem to do much with my patched backup, but then the idea arose that maybe it was the DVD? Or something wrong with the patcher even, perhaps? So I fetched my first DVD, which had the 002 error, from the garbage, cleaned it thoroughly and I put it in, expecting my Wii to burst into flames any second after that. But it didn't, it worked great, way better than the patched version!

So, maybe, instead of the ISO fix, we just need a general loader fix to get everything working correctly again?
biggrin.gif

Anyway, again, thanks for the patcher! And the people responsible: Thanks for the Gamma002fix_r2
biggrin.gif
Now all I can do is wait until they made a channel out of it again
biggrin.gif

PimpPharaoh said:
so with this i can get SMG to work? it just removes the 001 error and thats it?

how would this help me with SSBB? with brawl what i get is the error that "Game disk cannot be read" (on a black screen after launching the game..got this with a few other games...DBZ BT3 and Naruto) this is after i update off the SSBB Disk

there's two things you could try:
-burn a better quality DVD-ROM using Nero...
-get Gamma002fix_r2 from somewhere - google it - and put it in your /apps/ folder, run it through HBC. With a 1:1 copy (update partition patched of course, but without the 002 patch) works great!

If you patch the dvd with the GWP, 002 is fixed and the game is trucha signed. If you run it with Gamma with 002 fix, you can use a clean 1:1 copy. If you get trouble with one of both solutions, i would expect your burn is the problem.

brokencheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI,

Im new to GBAtemp

and my moded wii mis makinge me very violent
hate2.gif

De Blob gave me the imfamus error #001 (same as smg) before any one asks, im not shure what mod chip im useing im trying to reach the guy that insalled it, and i doubt my mod chip firmware is the lateest version, but my wii is v.3.2u , im keep you posted in that but thats not my problem. BACK TO MY PROBLEM! i extracted the main.dol file with Turcha Signer just fine, then opend it with generic wii patcher and everyting was working, then when i clicked serch (under error 001-fix)it said protection not found, so i tryed error 2, countery strings, video mode changer, and console language detection, for all of them it couldent find something, here is the actual eror;
wacko.gif

12:18:09 PM Generic Wii Patcher 1.2 by b@iLLi
12:18:14 PM File opened successfully
12:18:15 PM Search pattern for "Error 001" protection not found
12:18:16 PM Search pattern for console language override not found
12:18:17 PM Search pattern for language strings not found
12:18:18 PM Search pattern for "Error 002" protection not found
12:18:19 PM Search pattern for video modes not found
wacko.gif

any help would be apresheated, im not asking about how to fix error 001, im asking why cant it find protection, or launguage override, or launguage stings, etc.

if you need any info im more then willing to help.

its almost christmas, i was gunna play this with my cuz on christmas day, so hopefully i can get it fixed in time, even if i dont, cars raceing is working fine so, no prob
yaynds.gif
smile.gif

*EDIT* actuily i may have exracted the wronf main.dol file do i extract the one form PARTITION (RELSLAB)
or the one from PARTITION (R6BE78)?
previosly i extracded from PARTITION (RELSLAB)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brokencheese said:
*EDIT* actuily i may have exracted the wronf main.dol file do i extract the one form PARTITION (RELSLAB)

You always need the 2nd partition.

brokencheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
brokencheese said:

You always need the 2nd partition.

sorry bout, how noob i am, im used to arm7 and arm9 patching for ds roms not this kind of, manual patching

thanks! i pached it and romoved the error, but now...another noob question, i restore it useing turcha signature right, and if i do, how do i saveit with turcha signature after i click close iso it warns me it hasent been saved/singd, how do i do that, thank you so mutch!
yaynds.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brokencheese said:
sorry bout, how noob i am, im used to arm7 and arm9 patching for ds roms not this kind of, manual patching

thanks! i pached it and romoved the error, but now...another noob question, i restore it useing turcha signature right, and if i do, how do i saveit with turcha signature after i click close iso it warns me it hasent been saved/singd, how do i do that, thank you so mutch!
yaynds.gif

I don't know how to sign it. WiiScrubber is said to do it automatically, i never had to do it. When i want to patch a main.dol, i just use my toy and a clean 1:1 copy.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
brokencheese said:

You do right click over the PARTITION2 and then Trucha Sign it..!!
trucha.jpg

brokencheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
AAAAAAGGGGHHHH
IM GUNNA BE SICK!

iI CANT BELEVETHIS!!!!!

i pached the error(001) and re saved it, singed it, all this stuff, even burnedit perfictly
but then when i put it in my wii (dvd-) it coud not read the disk (you guys know the error) ths wii disk(on screen) turned into a big question mark,
and the srean read; CANNOT READ DISK, PLEASE REFER TO THE WII POERATIONS MANUEL FOR MORE INFO. dont know what error im talkondg about; insert a blank dist into your wii....there you have it.

then i re-burned it on a dvd+, and the whole screen went black, then in bug white letters AN ERROR HAS OCCORED, PLEASE TURN OFF THE WII, ROMOVE THE DISK, AND REAS THE TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE IN THE WII MANUEL.

aarrrggghhhh, anything you can do will help, i am running a 3.2u wii,
the only thing i can think about is my modchip firmware, i dont know what tyoe it is, i cant contact the man who put it in! i should see him @ the new year
party, thanks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL, HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL READ THIS AND KNOW EXACLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!
rolleyes.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brokencheese said:
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
AAAAAAGGGGHHHH
IM GUNNA BE SICK!

iI CANT BELEVETHIS!!!!!

i pached the error(001) and re saved it, singed it, all this stuff, even burnedit perfictly
but then when i put it in my wii (dvd-) it coud not read the disk (you guys know the error) ths wii disk(on screen) turned into a big question mark,
and the srean read; CANNOT READ DISK, PLEASE REFER TO THE WII POERATIONS MANUEL FOR MORE INFO. dont know what error im talkondg about; insert a blank dist into your wii....there you have it.

then i re-burned it on a dvd+, and the whole screen went black, then in bug white letters AN ERROR HAS OCCORED, PLEASE TURN OFF THE WII, ROMOVE THE DISK, AND REAS THE TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE IN THE WII MANUEL.

aarrrggghhhh, anything you can do will help, i am running a 3.2u wii,
the only thing i can think about is my modchip firmware, i dont know what tyoe it is, i cant contact the man who put it in! i should see him @ the new year
party, thanks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL, HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL READ THIS AND KNOW EXACLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!
rolleyes.gif

If you patch the .iso you can't run the game from the disc channel, if your modchip isn't good enough to get rid of the 002 error himself, you need to load the game through a loader. And then you can just take one of the loaders which fixes the 002 error on the fly, and you can use these with a 1:1 copy.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Elfish said:
does the 002 error removal work?

It's a patch for the main.dol, that's the executable of the game. I guess it's something like a "jump if..." changed to "always jump". You can modify the main.dol inside the .iso and burn the game with this, but that's a bad choice, because the game is trucha signed then. Or you can just modify the main.dol while it's loaded by the loader, before the loader executes it.

Oh, sorry i read "how does ...", the answer is yes, it works.

brokencheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
If you patch the .iso you can't run the game from the disc channel, if your modchip isn't good enough to get rid of the 002 error himself, you need to load the game through a loader. And then you can just take one of the loaders which fixes the 002 error on the fly, and you can use these with a 1:1 copy.

thanks, but i dont know what that means... i just started at gbatemp like 1 week ago, when my wii games didnt work, i just disgarded them

so what. i have to run this through a loader?.... WTH? does the loader run on my pc or wii? ware do i downlaod it? exacly what is error 002? ihave either never had this error ir i didnt realize it!!!!! will the loader work IF i update my firmware to 3.3 because i got rock band (needs its update to play/detect the instuments) AND 1:1? what that(im compleatly new to this, sorry)

IS THERE ANY SPiSiCIF LOADER YOU RECOMEND, AND DOES IT AVE A TUT?

I WILL GET THE HAND OF THIS! I SWEAR!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brokencheese said:
WiiPower said:

thanks, but i dont know what that means... i just started at gbatemp like 1 week ago, when my wii games didnt work, i just disgarded them

so what. i have to run this through a loader?.... WTH? does the loader run on my pc or wii? ware do i downlaod it? exacly what is error 002? ihave either never had this error ir i didnt realize it!!!!! will the loader work IF i update my firmware to 3.3 because i got rock band (needs its update to play/detect the instuments) AND 1:1? what that(im compleatly new to this, sorry)

IS THERE ANY SPiSiCIF LOADER YOU RECOMEND, AND DOES IT AVE A TUT?

I WILL GET THE HAND OF THIS! I SWEAR!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Try to speak in understandable english please. You don't need to update you just need to extract IOS37 from the Rock Band disc and install it. Loaders are Gamma, Gecko OS and SoftChip, while SoftChip seems to be the best for modchip users as you can select which IOS to load. Gecko OS is a good choice for modchip users too, just get some infos about these loaders.

brokencheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
WiiPower said:

Try to speak in understandable english please. You don't need to update you just need to extract IOS37 from the Rock Band disc and install it. Loaders are Gamma, Gecko OS and SoftChip, while SoftChip seems to be the best for modchip users as you can select which IOS to load. Gecko OS is a good choice for modchip users too, just get some infos about these loaders.

so wait.... i have to extract ios37 from rockband? i cant. my dvd drive cant read REAL game disks only burned ones. i have the real rockband, got it from EBgames, can i google IOS37 and burnit to a disk, like i did the homebrew channel?

and as far as the loaders go, i should get soft chip? is that an app i can run on the homebrew channel or do i use it on my pc?
im not asking for a tutorial for loaders im just asking if i run it on my pc or on the homebrew channel.

my modchip firmware is...i dont know, at the newyears party i will ask, then google it, and get the latest firmware for it(possibly its wiikey not shure though
if its wiikey i defently need an update i got my wii maded back before SMG came out, i had to update for fire emb!

sorry 'bout my un-understandsble words b4, i was in a hurry; boxing day
yaypsp.gif

think of it this way; after i get de blob working i will have all my error 001 games fixed, i wont need any help, so no more questions for u guys

thanks for the help guys, if you ever need help with ds roms(but im shure ur all pro at that) i know some stuff

brokencheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
WiiPower said:

so wait.... i have to extract ios37 from rockband? i cant. my dvd drive cant read REAL game disks only burned ones. i have the real rockband, got it from EBgames, can i google IOS37 and burnit to a disk, like i did the homebrew channel?

and as far as the loaders go, i should get soft chip? is that an app i can run on the homebrew channel or do i use it on my pc?
im not asking for a tutorial for loaders im just asking if i run it on my pc or on the homebrew channel.

my modchip firmware is...i dont know, at the newyears party i will ask, then google it, and get the latest firmware for it(possibly its wiikey not shure though
if its wiikey i defently need an update i got my wii maded back before SMG came out, i had to update for fire emb!

sorry 'bout my un-understandsble words b4, i was in a hurry; boxing day
yaypsp.gif

think of it this way; after i get de blob working i will have all my error 001 games fixed, i wont need any help, so no more questions for u guys

thanks for the help guys, if you ever need help with ds roms(but im shure ur all pro at that) i know some stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)