Hacking General Wii modding help

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Disclaimer 1: I am a beginner to modding consoles in general. I am very sorry if I have not been trying a solution that would be obvious if I had more knowledge of modding
Disclaimer 2: English is not my first language, so please excuse any grammatical erros.​

I have been trying to mod my Wii for a long time now, however I could not find solutions for some problems I have.

Usbloader Gx and Wiiflow
  • When starting Usbloader gx, gc games and the channels that I have are startable, however when I try to load wii games it freezes and I can interact with the menu, but when I try to, nothing happens.​
  • When trying to load some games, it gives me a black screen. This is probably a problem with the games themselve (I think). This happen with both loaders.​

• When using Wiiflow, gc games work fine, but when trying to load wii games it gives me a "exception (DSI) error ocurred".
  • Also when using different wiiflow themes the error also happens when starting it or going to the settings:blank:

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use modmii (English version)

Either the Modmii Wizard or syscheck updater wizard, the end result will be the same.

To get a syscheck.csv for the 2nd option see this link https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

If u use the 1st option, the modmii wizard, I suggest telling modmii your wii is a virgin even if it isn't. Repeating steps is fine if anything feels redundant its usually faster to just do it anyway and overwrite old mods than to check if it's necessary in a specific case

Reactions: CoolMe

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If u start gx loader and u try a game wich freezes with black screen. Try a different cios as game ios. Not all games are supported by the standart cios.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When starting Usbloader gx, gc games and the channels that I have are startable, however when I try to load wii games it freezes and I can interact with the menu, but when I try to, nothing happens.
- A syscheck will dictate if whether or not your softmods are outdated or if you're missing any cIOS's..
- What drive are you using, and in what format?
- When using a usbloadergx, does your usb pass the usb initiation screen? I think it does since you can play GC after that with it, but i still wanted to ask to know for sure. :)
- Btw, i recommend using this modded version of usbloadergx by @blackb0x. To use it, just remove the old files and replace them with these. And if you're using a forwarder, make sure it boots to it.
When trying to load some games, it gives me a black screen. This is probably a problem with the games themselve (I think). This happen with both loaders.
That could be a result of many things, corrupted wbfs file, usb flash drive incompatibility, region related issues, outdated hacks..
When using Wiiflow, gc games work fine, but when trying to load wii games it gives me a "exception (DSI) error ocurred".
That's weird, booting a game shouldn't result giving that under any circumstance. Maybe something is really corrupt on your system. Or you have very outdated hacks..
Also when using different wiiflow themes the error also happens when starting it or going to the settings
You should update Wiiflow to the latest Wiiflow Lite, get different themes, and see if it happens again.

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use modmii (English version)

Either the Modmii Wizard or syscheck updater wizard, the end result will be the same.

To get a syscheck.csv for the 2nd option see this link

If u use the 1st option, the modmii wizard, I suggest telling modmii your wii is a virgin even if it isn't. Repeating steps is fine if anything feels redundant its usually faster to just do it anyway and overwrite old mods than to check if it's necessary in a specific case
I will try this later (It's 00:23 at the moment), thanks for the suggestion:)

I am doing the replies apart from each other, so I can upload a picture of my syscheck btw (Edited the link out so I can post my message)

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If u start gx loader and u try a game wich freezes with black screen. Try a different cios as game ios. Not all games are supported by the standart cios.
I am trying this with games like sunshine, melee, luigi's Mansion etc. is there some sort of list oof games that use different Cios?

Last edited by Duke_Fishron,

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- A syscheck will dictate if whether or not your softmods are outdated or if you're missing any cIOS's..
- What drive are you using, and in what format?
- When using a usbloadergx, does your usb pass the usb initiation screen? I think it does since you can play GC after that with it, but i still wanted to ask to know for sure. :)
- Btw, i recommend using modded version of usbloadergx by @blackb0x. To use it, just remove the old files and replace them with these. And if you're using a forwarder, make sure it boots to it.

That could be a result of many things, corrupted wbfs file, usb flash drive incompatibility, region related issues, outdated hacks..

That's weird, booting a game shouldn't result giving that under any circumstance. Maybe something is really corrupt on your system. Or you have very outdated hacks..

You should update Wiiflow to the latest Wiiflow Lite, get different themes, and see if it happens again.
1: Is SysCheck Hacksden Edition ok? I attached the report

2: usb stick for games and sd card for apps and other things, both are in fat32

3: I think I know what you mean and when starting it doesn't show any error

4: I installed it, what is the difference with it though?

5: I used Str2hax.

7: Is 5.5.3 the latest one? (looking at the github page) when using a dark theme for it, the options crashed and using Rhapsodii Shima gave the same results as with the default one.

I can't upload the file, because my account is new.

I hope this information helps:)

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: Is SysCheck Hacksden Edition ok? I attached the report
Yes. You can't attach files until you have made atleast 10 replies. So just copy/paste the syscheck text for the time being.
2: usb stick for games and sd card for apps and other things, both are in fat32
Ok.
3: I think I know what you mean and when starting it doesn't show any error.
Not error during the usb initiation screen, does it pass without showing a countdown, when you first launch USBLoaderGX?
4: I installed it, what is the difference with it though?
It has many improvements over the standard 1272 ver.
7: Is 5.5.3 the latest one? (looking at the github page)
Not sure, maybe..
when using a dark theme for it, the options crashed and using Rhapsodii Shima gave the same results as with the default one.
Does it freeze with both the default and dark theme?
And does the dark theme files come with Wiiflow Lite? Or do you need to download them separately?

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. You can't attach files until you have made atleast 10 replies. So just copy/paste the syscheck text for the time being.

Ok.

Not error during the usb initiation screen, does it pass without showing a countdown, when you first launch USBLoaderGX?

It has many improvements over the standard 1272 ver.

Not sure, maybe..

Does it freeze with both the default and dark theme?
And does the dark theme files come with Wiiflow Lite? Or do you need to download them separately?
3: Yes
4: Ok
7: Default crashed when clicking on wii games and dark when loading settings. I downloaded dark theme (can't find the post anymore). Was this a problem because the theme was old?

The syscheck is in german though, how can I get it to be english?

Attachments

• syscheck picture.png
    syscheck picture.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 20

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The syscheck is in german though, how can I get it to be english?
It's okay. From your syscheck you need to install cIOS 251 with the base (38). Either follow this guide to install it, or you can just do it with ModMii by drag & dropping the syscheck file into ModMii.
After doing that i would try launching usbloadergx and playing some Wii game..
7: Default crashed when clicking on wii games and dark when loading settings. I downloaded dark theme (can't find the post anymore). Was this a problem because the theme was old?
Could be..

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's okay. From your syscheck you need to install cIOS 251 with the base (38). Either follow this guide to install it, or you can just do it with ModMii by drag & dropping the syscheck file into ModMii.
After doing that i would try launching usbloadergx and playing some Wii game..

Could be...
How do I Drag and drop things into ModMii and when I try it with cIos Installer I can only pick v10 beta52 d2x-v20-beta52-vWii. When selecting this option I can't choose 38 as a base.

When using UsbloaderGx I use some games, however, for example smg 2 still gives me a Exception (DSI) occurred.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I Drag and drop things into ModMii and when I try it with cIos Installer I can only pick v10 beta52 d2x-v20-beta52-vWii. When selecting this option I can't choose 38 as a base.
You just drag and drop the created syscheck file into the ModMii shortcut on your desktop. That's it. After that you can click on cIOS so it downloads the one you need.
When using UsbloaderGx I use some games, however, for example smg 2 still gives me a Exception (DSI) occurred.
Do you have a nand backup by any chance?
I think something is corrupt on your system.. What're your thoughts on this @XFlak? :)

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You just drag and drop the created syscheck file into the ModMii shortcut on your desktop. That's it. After that you can click on cIOS so it downloads the one you need.

Do you have a nand backup by any chance?
I think something is corrupt on your system.. What're your thoughts on this @XFlak? :)
Did that but the Wiiflow issue remains. I have one. So the solution is that I should use Usbloader Gx and the games that don't work should be re-ripped? Or should I load the nand?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that but the Wiiflow issue remains.
Ok.
I have one.
A nand backup? Ok, good.
So the solution is that I should use Usbloader Gx and the games that don't work should be re-ripped?
You should verify the hash of those games on WiiBackupmanager, if they're corrupted it'll tell you.
I have never seen that error when launching Wii games.. I just don't think that error should appear when launching a game, corrupted or not..
Or should I load the nand?
Do the above first then we'll see about that error, if you still continue to encounter it either within usbloadergx or Wiiflow etc.

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok.

A nand backup? Ok, good.

You should verify the hash of those games on WiiBackupmanager, if they're corrupted it'll tell you.
I have never seen that error when launching Wii games.. I just don't think that error should appear when launching a game, corrupted or not..

Do the above first then we'll see about that error, if you still continue to encounter it either within usbloadergx or Wiiflow etc.
So these 2 are corrupted? I verified MD-5 and SHA-1. The error occurs when loading the Wii games section, not when loading a game. These 2 are also the games that only have a black screen when loading.

Attachments

• Bild_2022-07-11_151833448.png
    Bild_2022-07-11_151833448.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 15

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum