Hacking General softmod backup launching compatibility guide

japsongs

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi! Everybody i just join in for the 1st time wanna check anyone has the problem playing the rogue trooper(pal) using softchip loader r96? cause whenever i exit the game thru (home) button it just blackout!!!! So far all the rest of the games work ..any remedies on this? thanks...
unsure.gif

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Tiger woods 2010 is working perfectly for me, I don't have wii motion plus but I would imagine that if the game loads and is playable that everything you need is there to play with wii motion plus.

Could be. But also could be that the driver for wm+ is in a higher revision of the used IOS, which would be as "bad" as if the game was using a new IOS.

I picked up wii motion plus today and I have a back up version of grand slam tennis, and either I am hallucinating, or WM+ is working perfectly. I don't think you need any new IOS for WM+, I think the WM+ uses a signal that the wii already understands, it just sends it more accurately and better, in other words I think WM+ just overrides the normal signal the wiimote sends out with the same exact signal just more precise, however to me that would mean that any game could use WM+ even old ones. I see a huge difference in gameplay when I use it, so it must be working. By the Way I am using Gamma R3 and Waninko's rev10 on a 3.2U with starfall to prevent any automatic disk updates and I always burn to DVD-R never have tried a usb loader, and probably never will as long as people like you support disk loaders, I also have all of the known IOS updates installed on my Wii(i forget what they are exactly but like 53, 38 etc...).

Later On....

I can confirm wii motion plus is working correctly, the only thing is when I try to watch the tutorial video for it on GST it reboots my wii. I know it is working becuase when I disconnect it my tennis player does not move his racket unless I swing, with it in he will hold it in the general area of his body that I am holding the wiimote. Also so far it seems as though it takes to long to load to be able to play online, it also has the 002 error I am unsure if loading from a USB would solve this online problem, someone else will have to handle that.

Even more of an update...

The online for grand slam tennis does work, however the load time is for lack of a better word horrific, I believe when trying to match up to a player it takes too long and they simply shut their system off. However the setting up of an online game never times out (I got that from the FAQ about online play while signed in to ea servers) so if you get matched with someone who will wait at least 3 minutes for a ranked match, then you can play.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for this information. Seems the drivers for wii mote plugins have to be inside the applications/games. This should also mean, that if nintendo releases other wii mote plugins, that those won't require new IOS. (Ok, but nintendo still has the possibilites to enforce a new IOS for every new game if they wanted to)

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
jarock said:
PNo4 said:
Let me know if anyone can play "Fate of Atlantis" in new Indiana Jones: Staff of Kings (starting atlantis reboots the wii for me).

Somebody has been playing indy all day....lol
I Just played the first level so far gonna give it a bash tonight.

Someone mentioned about extracting the fate of atlantis.dol from the game disc and using it with the dol switching feature from RC4. I don't quite get it though...

Kold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying SD Gundam Scad Hammers, using Neo Gamma R3. First off, setting it to disc gave the usual black & white screen, and the game was playable, except just in b&w. After enabling all of the compatibility modes and setting the video region to Wii, the game works in color and without problem... But, the entire lower half of any text completely dissapears. Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

FunkyFlyChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii modified using SoftMii package, and have been able to run all games except one - Ghostbusters.

Even Indiana Jones ran fine, I played through the entire tutorial level, flew the plane out of the canyon, fought the asian guys in the lounge in the next area, no crashes or reboots.

However, when I try to run Ghostbusters, it freezes on the Wii Remote safety screen, it won't even get to an error or title. The loader is integrated directly into the Wii's main disc loader, but I also installed NeoGamma R3 and tried loading it, and it locks at a green screen. I also installed cIOS38_rev13 (13a), and get the same thing - whether I use the preloader hacked Disc Loader, or NeoGamma R3 (although NeoGamma didn't lock at Green Screen anymore, now it locks same as regular Disc Loader - at the Wii Remote Safety Screen).

Anyone been able to get Ghostbusters to work? This was one game I've been waiting to play, and out of probably 50 or more games, this is the only one that hasn't worked for me.

I am using System Menu 3.2U, Preloader 0.28 installed with all hacks enabled, cIOS38 rev13 (13a) and also tried NeoGamma R3 to load instead of hacked Disc Channel.

FunkyFlyChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have nunchuk plugged in already, usually do by default. Hook setting was already on GC Pad, I tried it again, also tried it with Wii Pad and VI (Default). I didn't see "None" setting in there.

Get same results each time, still hangs at the Wii Remote Safety screen.

Something else I noticed, regardless of which hook (and also when using the preloader hacked Disc Channel to load), when it gets to the Wii Remote Safety Screen, The Wii remote turns off. It no longer is powered on and has connection to the Wii.

I have to manually shut the WII down by holding in on the Console power button, and then turn it back on.

Not sure if it matters, but I used a SoftMii install prior to version 2.1.1 (I think the version immediately prior to that one). Maybe I need to upgrade cIOSCorp? I'm guessing it has to be something other than 13a and the loader itself, some other custom IOS or setting that I'm missing...

It's just wierd to me also, that I play Indiana Jones just fine (just got done another play session, playing through San Francisco level, with no issues). I'm about to test out MySims Racing, another on the list of 002b error games.

raymac24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok...so im a little bit confused..im not the smartest when it comes to this stuff so if someone could tell me in lamens terms that woudl be great..i cant get ghostbusters to work...im using a 4.0u ntsc soft modded wii, and other games work perfectly...i downloaded the file and put it on the sd card like i thought it should go on and tried to fix it on my wii...it didnt work...ok...can someone please put a screenshot or something of what the sd card is supposed to look like so i can put the stuff on right..thanks......

the error i was getting was error 002

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
raymac24 said:
ok...so im a little bit confused..im not the smartest when it comes to this stuff so if someone could tell me in lamens terms that woudl be great..i cant get ghostbusters to work...im using a 4.0u ntsc soft modded wii, and other games work perfectly...i downloaded the file and put it on the sd card like i thought it should go on and tried to fix it on my wii...it didnt work...ok...can someone please put a screenshot or something of what the sd card is supposed to look like so i can put the stuff on right..thanks......

the error i was getting was error 002

If you get the 002 error this means you use the correct cIOS, that's good. But you don't use the correct loader, use a proper loader.

raymac24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok..what is the correct loader...and can i have 2 loaders on the one wii that will still work together..i dont want something to not work

raymac24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so that answered one question....but the other question...about having 2 loaders..i got a pile of games and with this new loader have another problem...oh and where can i download one of those loaders

FunkyFlyChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, another update.

MySims Racing also works on my system. So now, this is 2 games off of the 002b "Error list" that work on my Wii, but Ghostbusters won't.

Both MySims Racing and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings load and create save games. I haven't actually played through MySims Racing, but it created Save Game file, and went to the menu. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings I played through Sudan and San Francisco levels with no issue.

But still, Ghostbusters continues to hang at the Wii Remote safety screen... anyone have ANY idea what may be the culprit? It can't be the 002b error, as both of those other games work through my main Disc Channel (hacked with preloader/softmii).

Also, is it possible that it could be because I'm still on 3.2U? I'm a bit scared to try to upgrade to 4.0, but if someone could point me in the direction of a solid updater that I could use, maybe I'll give that a try. Also, if I were to reinstall/install newer version of cIOSCorp, do I need to remove all of the old files first? Or will it just update over top of the old files?

BTW - when trying to use NeoGamma to reboot with hooks, I get an exception error. So what I was doing was just setting the hook then immediately trying to load the game.

EDIT: I Just got the game to load, if I repeatedly hit the HOME/PLUS buttons on the remote before the safety screen pops up. If I don't do that, the game will freeze on that screen. I've never seen that before myself, but saw someone mention it in a thread about another game and figured WTF, give it a try...

daportugeezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive been reading all the tests and loaders...blah blah blah....to many questions being asked....now to all of you asking as to why ghostbusters cant be played via loaders......
let me answer it...

1. dont be a tight git.....get a mod chip (then you have a reason to moan because it was not free.

2. only the usb loader will work with ghostbusters dont ask me why...because if you cant understand simple intructions being given to you by some gamers on here...you certainly wont understand any of it.

3. to be honest it would be better to have a decent mod chip( no clip) installed and then if you req you can also have homebrew channel installed to play your homebrew games.

4. now if you are trying to play ghostbusters via backup loader and you are moaning this must mean your more tight that i thought...get a real copy of the game as some of the true gamers on here have original as well as backups......i myself prefer original....but i have a 5 year old who loves to leave the games out...hence backups.

and last but not least all games EVEN THE LATEST work even on the crapy mod chips as far back as the d2sun13a. so ill finish with no:5

5.dont be tight and get a mod chip installed..they are cheap to buy....if you can afford to purchase a wii console then buy the chip.

thanks for listening

may i take this chance to give thanks to all who have taken time to answer questions

keep up the good work...even if it does fall on noobs and the deaf

daps

FunkyFlyChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the hell kind of high horse you are on, but I was trying to also provide information so that they could figure out why it wasn't working with people who don't want to open up their Wii's, and void their warranty by having to install a mod chip. In case you didn't notice, I have been testing and updating all day, as well as posting a workaround that I discovered that DOES Allow it to be played via DVD and Backup Loader, for people who may have encountered the same issue as I did.

Your opinion is just that - opinion, and the method you choose to use is just that - your choice. It is not law and doesn't need to apply to anyone and everyone with a modded wii. Maybe you should check the name of this thread too while you are at it, and learn to read. The thread title applies to GENERAL SOFTMOD BACKUP LAUNCHING COMPATIBILITY. See that right there? SOFTMOD. Reading Comprehension for the win.

And it was stated that if users had issues that were NOT addressed in the original topic, to provide the information. So why don't you step down off of that pedastool, and move on to a modchip thread where you can go feeling all superior. I find it hilarious too, that you try to insult those of us using a softmod, and then thank the people for their good work, in a thread about softmods. Still feeling so intelligent and above us all?

daportugeezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first off i am not on any high horse.....look in the mirror...as trying to make me look stupid i think will make you feel you are the dapper dan..

you make me laugh.....ha ha ha

grow up....

my comments...oh sorry OPINIONS....mean a lot...as the soft mod can brick you wii....
so mr clever clogs...for your info you are helping some noobs who have never done any sort of mods on a wii to probably brick there wii`s.....well you are the smart one.

now to add...to those who need to mod there wii consoles....if you have no idea what you are doing ask someone to do it for you or get the mod chip which will guarantee your games to work...

advice from people who also dont really know the answers in full will not help you at all...

as a few have said....if you believe in the soft mode approach...then hopefully the rev 14 may have the fix....as rev13a will not work with GHOSTBUSTERS..

SO MR MAN...(KNOW IT ALL DAPPER DAN) you should also read the heading....im giving my opinion..
and your have a slgging match...

now leave it out...as it dont suit you..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
daportugeezer said:
[...]
now to add...to those who need to mod there wii consoles....if you have no idea what you are doing ask someone to do it for you or get the mod chip which will guarantee your games to work...

First of all, read the topic title. 2nd asking someone to softmod the wii is not too smart as you need to update eventually and then you need to ask again. And 3rd if you could read, you would have seen that people with flatcable modchips also have problems with the game. And a flatcable modchip is the safest way to hardware mod a Wii.

QUOTE(daportugeezer @ Jun 15 2009, 05:28 PM) [...]
as a few have said....if you believe in the soft mode approach...then hopefully the rev 14 may have the fix....as rev13a will not work with GHOSTBUSTERS..
[...]

Again if you could read, you would have seen that Ghostbusters works from usb with rev13a, and works for some people with rev7 and/or rev13a from disc.

If you can't understand that there are people working at getting all games to work for everybody, SHUT UP and GET OUT OF MY THREAD!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...