Hacking GeckoOs 1.82 Custom Channel WAD

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubbleboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,652
  • Replies Replies 14

bubbleboy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
272
Reaction score
2
Trophies
1
XP
205
Country
United States
And if not, why not?

Just kidding! If there is one out there, please let me know, thanks!
gbasp.gif
 
Hold up there, I'm creating one!

Sneak peek:
Gecko_OS_002_Fixed-GEOS-banner.jpg


Yea, just a little bit of photoshop and I'm done!
 
afif95 said:
Hold up there, I'm creating one!

Sneak peek:
Gecko_OS_002_Fixed-GEOS-banner.jpg


Yea, just a little bit of photoshop and I'm done!

Looks nice!
Excellent work!
I'll be downloading this when it's finished ^^

Slick banner =)
 
Thanks! it's really nice looking. Just wondering do you have any other channel done in similar style?
 
afif95 said:
It will work on any Wiis. WADs made by Wadder is region-free

Tested it just now, installs an IOS then runs the game. Settings can (finally!) be saved! Everything seems to work! This is great stuff, thanks!!
 
Fat Cow said:
Thanks! it's really nice looking. Just wondering do you have any other channel done in similar style?

Your welcome
wink.gif
.

Nah, I don't have any other channel with similar style.... Because I only photoshopped the original image (Which was a Backup Loader image).

For making me to do other channels, I need the original .psd
frown.gif


QUOTE(Muyfa666 @ Apr 18 2009, 07:01 PM) afif95: Nice one! This is the best looking one from wadder. I was hoping you'd do it. :-)

Well, it's just a simple work of clone stamps, playing of layers, and some bit of brushes, and slight luck XD.
 
What's the difference between this one and the 1.7b with 002 fix? Do they both just find the updates on the disc and install them?

Also isn't installing updates from the disc a little risky since some updates could lock out homebrew? Or maybe start deleting channels? Some people on 3.2 firmware reported that some channels just disappeared for them.

I don't know exactly how IOSes work but I thought some of them were not safe to install and there were people that would patch them to make them safe to install and that's why there are CIOs and IOs packages out there to install on the wii.

All I know is that one day my Wii was at firmware 3.3 and I was not able to install some wads or run some homebrew and I think this most likely happened after running an update from a disc. That's why I downgraded to 3.2 I have starfall installed now but then I started getting some 002 error so I had to install the needed wads. Then I found out about GeckoOs with 002 fix but I don't know if all it does is install the needed wads from the disc.
 
Yes, but the updates are IOSes which the game needs to run, not the System menu, which what you are talking about.
 
Message for afif95:
Hi, I have been following some of your posts, as I am looking for a nice wad for Gecko OS 1.9.2.
I am on a Mac and Wadder 3 beta did not work for me.
I am not looking for anything exclusive, just something non-garish, like the green disk one you posted above, the blue 'gamma ray banner' you posted last December (link does not work), or something that looks just like the disc channel, only saying something like 'region-free' Disc channel or just region-free...

Here is hoping you can help,

All the best

Tim
 

Site & Scene News