GCMM is not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ljonja, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Ljonja
    OP

Ljonja Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

Because all of my files on my Gamecube Memory Card got deleted (View https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-games-out-of-other-regions-corrupt-memory-card.466366/), I decided to create regular backups of my Gamecube saves in the future and found the tool 'GCMM'.

This app lets you either backup/restore a single gamecube save to SD/USB or even backup the whole Memory Card blocks.

In order to test this wii homebrew application, I created a new save file in the game 'Zelda: Wind Waker' and played a bit on it. Then I opened the app and backed up both the single save file and the whole block memory of the Memory Card.
    To avoid data loose, I used a second Memory Card for testing the restore function.
    At first I restored the single save file of 'Zelda: Wind Waker'. But after I restored it, the Memory Card got corrupt and I had to format it, which means that all datas had to be deleted. After several tries of this method, I tried the whole block memory backup function.
    But this method already failed in the app itself as there is always the error: "Error! Writing failed for unknown reasons at block 4!".

Now I really do not know what to do so I am asking you for help. Is there anyone that knows how to solve this error or even can tell me another method to backup/restore Gamecube saves?

Thank's for reading :)

P.S: My console is PAL, if this helps

2. bm123456

bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston
    Are you using the latest version of GCMM which is 1.4f ?